Chapter 68: His Wedding Gift To Her

She calmly looked at the gorgeous curve of light that swayed in his wine glass. His bright and smiling handsome face that entered her eyes looked a little bedazzling.

Quite a while after, she nodded with a peaceful and light tone, unlike her usual hostile self.

"I will."

Ding!

Then, she closed in with the glass in her hand.

He picked up the wine bottle and poured her more as he asked,

"How are you planning to resolve the issue with the orphanage?"

Arya drank a spoonful of soup, her starry eyes twinkling for a moment. Then, she answered calmly,

"Just set it aside for now. I'll see how Victoria's end responds. I quite understand Victoria's tricks. For the storm this time, if she can't hold on till the end, she'll definitely just toss away that land and pretend to do it in the name of charity. I don't want this storm to just subside like that. That would be too easy on her. In the end, all I'll be doing is let her win with a good reputation instead."

Then, she could not help but look up at him. "Do you have a way of making her suffer a double loss after trying to trick the enemy? Make me feel good too?"

He was always so low-profile and reserved. The way he looked so calm and undisturbed made it hard for her to see through him. She just felt like he was an unfathomable mystery. In fact, he seemed to have his own issues but he had never mentioned it to her.

"If I can let you ruthlessly take revenge, what's in it for me?"

Hearing her question, he suddenly looked up at her with interest, yet he soon allowed his silent eyes to settle on the super huge television screen in the living room. It seemed to be reporting some news on Victoria and the rest joining some sort of charity event.

Today's news had yet to be reported and she wondered how the situation was.

Indeed, he did not change his inherent quality of a profiteer!

Arya ignored him and shot him an annoyed look. Then, she lowered her head and continued to quietly eat the steak that he had helped her slice up.

After dinner, she felt lazy, so she pushed the cleanly picked plates to Xavier for him to wash, then she went upstairs.

She did not deliberately pay attention to the situation on Victoria's end and went straight to take a bath after going upstairs. Coincidentally, Mia called, then she started chatting with her.

When Xavier went upstairs, she was still in the bathroom chatting happily away with Mia, so he did not disturb her and went straight to the study room.

He had just sat down before the desk when James's call came through.

"Hello?" He answered with a lowered voice.

"Master, I found out that Victoria did get someone to investigate the Missus many times. It's an international number. Victoria and Thomas met on a plane to Bali last year. After that, they kept in touch. Victoria's friend, Evelyn, has always liked Thomas. Last autumn, Evelyn had specially flown over to visit Thomas, but he seemed to fancy Missus. Previously, he tried to find out news about the Missus..."

Xavier listened to James report as his long fingers habitually propped up his forehead. After he contemplated for a moment, he answered with a gentle but muffled voice,

"Anonymously e-mail the complete details of Victoria investigating your sis-in-law to Ethan. Get someone to tell Evelyn. Just say that not too long ago, Thomas and Victoria had a great time together in Bali."