Chapter 16: Wedding Night

When he remarked about her appetite, Arya was stunned for a moment and her expression instantly darkened. She shot him a look and then stood up slightly ashamedly to tidy up the bowls and plates before her.

"I'll put the bowls and chopsticks away..."

However, she seemed to have forgotten about how injured her shoulder was. She had just lifted her left arm and picked the plates up when a sharp pain immediately seared, making her hand subconsciously let go.

Clank!

The crisp sound of the ceramic shattering rang out. A beautiful plate had just announced its death.

Arya immediately frowned to see the ceramic pieces that had shattered all over her feet. She squatted down and awkwardly started to clean it up, yet just as a finger touched the sharp ceramic shard, she felt a sting and before she could react, a drop of blood had dripped down her finger.

"How foolish!"

A soft scolding was heard followed by a whiff of fragrant air and in the next instant, a huge hand had already wrapped her cut finger with a towel. Then, he lifted her up by the waist and walked towards the sofa.

"Tighten your grip on it. I'll go get the first aid kit."

Xavier put her down on the sofa and then quickly dug out a first aid kit from the drawer of the coffee table. Swiftly, he took a bottle of medicine out to stop the bleeding and a waterproof plaster. Then, he very promptly treated Arya's wound.

Arya drew in a breath. Quietly lowering her head, she saw him efficiently cleaning her wound and her brows almost furrowed into a knot.

Xavier suddenly looked up at her and seeing the way she endured the pain, he said,

"This disinfectant is pretty effective. It'll be a little painful. Endure it. You don't look like the kind of pampered foodie."

"How about you come to try too? I'm quite scared of the pain. Just be gentler and it'll be fine. There's no need to put so much," Arya responded a little grumpily, the fiery pain on her finger feeling a little hard to bear.

Xavier did not reply to her. Instead, he had applied the medicinal power at the quickest speed. Then, after he put the plaster on, he quietly put away the first aid kit.

"Okay, you don't have to care about this anymore. Go upstairs and wash up first, but be careful not to get your wound in contact with water."

Arya turned to the mess and nodded. She felt like she seemed to be making things worse and she could not help but bury her forehead in her hands.

"Okay then, I'll go upstairs first."

Then, she lifted the bag up at her side and walked towards the staircase.

Even though Maple Residence was really huge, the entire villa only had one bedroom. The whole of the second floor consisted of a suite, a huge bedroom, and a huge side hall. After the hallway was Xavier's super enormous study room, which adopted the floor-within-a-floor concept. It had rows and rows of shelves filled with all sorts of books and could be comparable to a library.

The entire Maple Residence's style was quite similar to her apartment's. They were both lavish and stylish without losing its elegance. Arya surveyed the place before slowly walking towards the bedroom.

She opened up the closet and wanted to hang her clothes when she realized that there was a huge wardrobe that took up an entire wall. It was filled with women's clothes all in her size. Her clothes were on the left while Xavier's was on the right. In the middle was a row of nightgowns for the both of them.