Chapter 39: Actually, You Can Be A Bit More Mean

Arya brought Xavier over to a hotpot shop near the New Era Plaza.

There was quite a crowd inside the shop. The couple sat in a corner. Looking outside the window beside them, they could see the big public square under the New Era Plaza.

She had quite an appetite that day. Most of the food they ordered went into her stomach while Xavier did not really eat much. Instead, he kept adding the ingredients into the pot for her.

Arya picked up a slice of lotus root and put it into her bowl. She suddenly looked at the man opposite her who lowered his head while drinking some tea. He had hardly touched his chopsticks.

"Do you not like it? I didn't really see you eat anything."

She scooped up a bunch of food and put them into his bowl.

"You eat yours. I want to see how much of a fight you can put up," Xavier stopped her hand and replied, glancing at the empty plate.

Arya looked over at what he was staring at. It seemed that her enormous appetite shocked the man.

"It's not like you've never seen it before..." She retracted her hand and lowered her head.

"What expression is that? I'm not dissing you. It's a blessing to be able to eat. Anyway, you're too skinny. You might be able to show more of your charming points if you eat a little more." Xavier glanced over at her, then he grabbed some tissues and handed them to her.

"Don't you guys like slender figures?" Arya took the tissues from him and wiped her mouth daintily. She raised her glass as she looked at him.

"About what happened today, do you think we were being mean?"

Xavier raised his eyebrows as her words reached his ears. He looked at her without replying.

She frowned and gulped down some alcohol as a cold smile appeared on her face,

"Actually, I don't mind being even meaner..."

She suddenly laughed cheekily. "Mr. Knight, I thought you'd cancel the contract with her angrily and kick her out of Glory World."

Xavier laughed when he saw the glitter in her eyes. He put his glass down and said,

"You wish! Do you think I'm a dictator who'd fire people without any reason?"

"You generously used $20 million to mock her. You probably wouldn't care about paying $10 million to terminate the contract," Arya pointed out.

"That's enough. Your IQ is tough to look at. You're her superior now. Isn't it easy to give her a hard time at any moment?" He said it so easily with a cold light in his eyes. Arya was slightly stunned.

Was that the right thing to tell anyone else?

"You... are way meaner!" Arya replied after a while. She suddenly had a premonition. Birds of a feather flocked together. Being with this man for long would definitely corrupt her mind...

There was a huge crowd outside when they left the hotpot shop. It was just a few days before the New Year's Eve and large lanterns were hung around the New Era Plaza. The whole place was brimming with festivity.

Arya felt a little bloated from all the food she just ate, so Xavier suggested walking around the plaza. Thinking about it, they had never taken walks together at night before.

In the plaza, Xavier casually put his arm over Arya's shoulder as the two of them slowly walked past the dim streetlights. The wind blew past them and Xavier's windbreaker was now slung over Arya's shoulder.