Chapter 33: Ethan's Invitation

"Thank you for placing your trust in me. I'll do my best!"

Vice President accepted the job respectfully, staying true to Glory World's key values: confidence and sincerity. If one could take on the workload, then they would put in their best efforts instead of trying to slack off.

Under Vice President's influence, people under him like Arya shared similar values as well.

Xavier nodded. "Vice President, please stay back. Everyone else can leave for now."

"Yes, Chairman Knight!"

The other Vice Presidents swiftly left the room.

Xavier slowly raised his head when he heard the sound of the door closing.

"Director Johns mentioned to me that you're interested in the showbiz industry. I believe you've done your research well, so I'm confident leaving this in your hands."

"Thank you for trusting me, Chairman Knight!" Vice President bowed humbly.

Xavier gently lifted the black folder before him and handed it to Vice President.

"These are some documents regarding Smiths and Johns Media. Director Johns spent quite some effort arranging these and I made some simple edits on them. Take a look at it and I'm sure it'll help you out a lot."

Vice President accepted the folder, feeling a little odd. Did Chairman Knight skip the chain of command? Usually, he was the one issuing orders to Director Johns.

Vice President paid it no mind and started flipping through the document. There were two different handwritings on it. The clean-looking script should be Arya's, while the one with powerful strokes should be Chairman Knight's.

"Let me know if you need anything. You're one of the most senior ones around here. I believe in your capabilities and Grandfather often praises you too."

It was a rare compliment from Xavier.

Vice President nodded out of gratitude as he closed the folder.

"Yes, I'll do my best. Chairman Knight, I hope that Director Johns can help out a little since she has experience dealing with Smiths before. Things will probably be easier with her around."

Arya was his outstanding subordinate and they were always on good terms. He was sure that they would make a formidable pair.

Vice President's words drew a frown on Xavier's face. He thought about it and said,

"Isn't she working on the South River project now?"

"Don't worry, Chairman Knight. I mean that I just need Director Johns to help out just a little and I promise it won't take up too much of her time. I'll make sure it won't affect the progress of the South River project too. I know Director Johns's capability well. She's a very dedicated person with high efficacy, so it would be great if she could help me out a little!" Vice President praised Arya as he carefully observed the calm and stoic Xavier.

Vice President was shocked to see an odd smile appearing on Xavier's poker face. His voice sounded at peace too.

"I can see that you have high hopes for Director Johns."

Vice President was stunned for a moment. He then replied with an awkward laugh,

"Well, Director Johns is a pleasant person, so..."

Xavier sipped some tea before nodding.

"I'll consider your request. You can go back to work now and I'll call you again when I need you."