Chapter 74: Arya's Unbearable Past

The next day, the 15th day of the Lunar New Year, was Mia and Aaron's wedding day.

She knew that there were many things to work on, so Arya woke up bright and early and made the makeup artist bring along the gown straight to the White residence first. Then, she called the hotel as well to instruct them about what they needed to take note of.

She worked busily the whole morning. After lunch, she went to the Johnson residence with Xavier.

At the Johnson residence, Arianna had long been waiting for Arya. Initially, they were going to make a trip to the beauty salon, but seeing that time was pretty tight, the moment Arya reached the entrance of the Johnson residence, Arianna had already brought her handbag out with her.

"You accompany Grandpa. Tonight, I still have to send Mother back, so you can tell Driver to pick you up," said Arya as she handed him his handphone.

Xavier nodded, pushing the door open. "Call me if there's anything."

"Mmm," Arya responded. Across them, Arianna had already walked over to greet Xavier, and then she got into the car. After confirming that she had buckled up, Arya started the car.

Arianna wore an elegant and fashionable hand-embroidered dress in a Western style with crane motifs. It matched a light blue scarf around her neck. She looked simple yet graceful and carried good taste. Her manner was elegant and moving.

Even Arya could not help but be stunned when she saw this.

She had always been taken pride in Arianna's elegant and gentle aura. Although she was clearly already 50 years old, she still looked so bright and attractive. She recalled how her father's eyes would always shift when her mother was mentioned. In fact, ...

When she remembered what had happened yesterday, Arya's eyes suddenly dimmed. She hesitated for a moment before slowly saying,

"Mother, yesterday Grandfather came looking for me... He knows about Xavier and me..."

"Mmm?" When Arianna heard her, she looked up at Arya. "And then?"

"Xavier said when Father returns tomorrow, the two families should have a meal together. From the other side, it might only just be Grandfather and Father, so I wanted to ask if you and Grandpa would like to come along too," Arya said in a low voice.

Arianna was startled and she lowered her gaze. She wanted to speak up after quite a while, but Arya's voice came through once again.

"I hope that you can come too. Yesterday, at Johns Media's general shareholders' meeting, it was announced that 20% of shares still in your name. Xavier said that that was something from Father, so... He kept feeling like it might be better to inform Father. What do you think?"

Arianna's eyes clouded over while she seemed a little distracted, and she fell silent for a long time without answering Arya. She just turned to look out the car window, looking faintly lonely.

"Mother, whatever happened between you and Father is the past. Now, Father... Why should you care about him so much? No matter what, life goes on. I really don't wish to see you get upset every time Father is mentioned. Otherwise, you should work hard to fight and get Father back..."

Arianna was slightly shocked. There was a rueful coldness across her expression.

"With all those things between your father and I, how could we start over just like that? Even though some things have passed, it doesn't mean that they have really ended. Otherwise, Layla and the rest wouldn't have come knocking on our door."

As Arya listened, she turned slightly stiff and breathed in.

"Mother, don't worry. I won't let them be so arrogant next time. If they still dare to come to bother us, I'll destroy Johns Media right away... But you and Father..."