Chapter 41: Man To The Rescue

The commotion happening upstairs had already startled the crowd downstairs and all of them started to rush towards the staircase. Logan could only indicate for the bodyguard to block the staircase in order to stop them from rushing up.

The reporters had begun to crowd in and the entire banquet instantly became quite chaotic. The host held onto the mic and kept urging everyone to return to their seats, yet the crowd was still hesitating as they kept trying to look up the staircase!

They had all heard a woman's shrieks and crying earlier, but they were not sure what had happened!

Who was the woman in black earlier?

She had walked in with Mayor Johns!

When they thought about this, the crowd could not help but turn to look at Benjamin who was still greeting some of the guests, seemingly unaware about what had happened upstairs.

However, right at this moment, there was a furor at the entrance that disrupted this odd atmosphere.

Bam!

The door to the hall that had been closed earlier was suddenly pushed open from the outside. The crowd subconsciously looked towards the sound. They saw that leading in front was a dashing and tall man impeccably attired in a black tuxedo. He was followed by four well-built men dressed in black tuxedos and looked like bodyguards.

After the few of them pushed open the door, they made a path and then a tall and white figure greeted the crowd's sight...

The crowd instantly fell silent as they stared blankly at the man who had suddenly appeared. Their eyes were stunned and filled with admiration.

With his appearance, the entire banquet's splendor had very quickly diminished.

He was extremely handsome and was dressed in an all-white casual suit. His deep eyes seemed to be an ocean that was covered in a myriad of stars and endless profound wisdom. He had a tall nose bridge, thin and indifferent lips, and an honorable and extraordinary reservedness. His aura was low-profile and not brash with an indescribable imposing manner.

He did not care about everyone's gazes as he indifferently walked through the pathway that his bodyguards had paved and went towards the stairs.

When he had passed Benjamin, he also swept him indifference without hesitating in his steps.

...

"Enough, Arya! Don't make things hard. Today is Victoria and cousin's big day. I think you've come with resentment just to disrupt things!" Evelyn's furious voice was heard.

She and Ethan exchanged a look before the two of them quickly walked up to Arya. Evelyn reached out to grab her by the shoulders while Ethan's target was her hand that was yanking onto Victoria's hair.

While she seemed to know they were going to do this, Arya very quickly pushed Victoria towards them as they were about to rush up. Victoria screamed, then she crashed right into Ethan. Because Evelyn had held onto Arya's arm, she toppled over too.

"Victoria, are you alright?"

Ethan quickly pulled Victoria into his arms as he worriedly checked up on her. He saw that her beautiful little face was already swollen to the point that it was unbearable to look at. Her beautiful eyes were red and swelling from all the crying, yet she held back her tears and did not want to let them fall. Her vulnerable demeanor made one's heart ache for her.

"I'm fine... Don't blame her... I just acted on my own... I'm sorry... It wasn't intentional. Please believe me!" Victoria looked at Arya with tear-stained eyes while Evelyn currently pinned her down tightly by the arms.