Chapter 25: Brief Encounter

Nevertheless, Arya was not able to see the man's glum expression as she expected. On the contrary, Xavier's smile was ever so charming.

"That's too cheap. I decided not to sell." He laughed.

"Sell it! I'm a nice person. You won't lose out if you follow me."

"That should be my line, shouldn't it? When did you steal it from me?"

"I didn't!"

...

The married couple kept on talking until the car arrived at Imperial Sky Entertainment City.

Imperial Sky Entertainment City was actually a large area consisting of various services available to consumers. It was separated into middle and high consumption areas. Located at the north of New York CIty, it was becoming one of the largest high-class areas in the city.

There were several projects under Imperial Sky Entertainment City such as Imperial Sky Jewellery City, Imperial Sky Club, and others. It was a huge project under Glory World Corporation in recent years and Arya was in charge of the business planning. She was responsible for recruitment planning and handling the vendors that joined them.

The two of them went towards Clothing City as they stepped down from the car.

Xavier always acted low-profile. Most of the time, he was only with one assistant who was James. Currently accompanied by a beautiful girl like Arya beside him, in addition to his extraordinary facial features, almost a hundred percent of people turned their heads to look at them.

They walked past the plaza in the open, then they saw a wide and clean path before them, on a signboard in front it clearly indicated "Imperial Sky Fashion Clothing City".

It was the end of the year, so many people were shopping for new clothes. With Imperial Sky Entertainment City opened for a trial business run, there were already many customers. Just standing at the plaza, they could see a large crowd in front of the mall which seemed very lively.

"Things seem quite happening. Let's walk around too."

Arya seemed pleased, probably because she was happy and proud as an employee under Glory World Corporation when she saw how positive the customers' reactions were to the trial run.

Xavier stayed silent when he saw her joyous expression. He nodded and put a hand into his pocket as he casually followed her.

Behind them, James and Rick had no idea whether they should follow them. After giving it some thought, they kept a 10-meter distance behind them and followed the couple carefully.

"This is the high-end shopping area. All the vendors are well-known international brands. I've researched before and these brands are adored by young girls who pursue fashion trends. In our ongoing plans, there'll be a fashion show next April organized by these vendors. The scale will be comparable to international fashion shows. If you have some time, come and take a look then."

Arya explained her work to Xavier as they walked along.

"I heard that you're the one in charge of recruiting vendors," Xavier glanced at the row of shops and remarked.

Arya nodded and replied,

"Actually, this should be handled by Director from the Commerce Department, but he was suddenly summoned to shift away somewhere else. I've worked with him frequently and we both worked under Vice President, so I'm familiar with his work, which is why I took it on."

"The results are better than expected. You did great," Xavier left a simple comment.

Arya raised her eyebrows. She turned around and looked at him with a smile on her face.