Chapter 11: Johns Media Corporation

When they were done with dinner and finally left the restaurant, the streetlights were gloriously shining outside. The wind was very strong and very cold while the night sky seemed to be a little depressing, and the air wafted with humidity.

It was already the beginning of spring. New York City was a city close to the south, so every year after spring began, there would always be a period of time when the weather was like this. This year, spring had arrived earlier than the past years. In particular, this season was not one that Arya liked.

She looked up a little helplessly at the drizzle outside the car window. After a while, Arya suddenly turned to look at the man who was driving with concentration. The car was very quiet, so quiet that they could almost hear the sound of them breathing.

"Play some music," Arya suddenly said.

"The CDs are in the hidden compartment below," replied Xavier.

Arya bent down, opened the hidden compartment, and casually picked a CD out. She reached out to turn on the player and put the CD in. Soon, some distant singing crooned.

The song was a very familiar one. It was a very, very old song,

"There Is Only You In My Heart".

Looking back slowly at the night when we belonged to each other.

You are still the red sunshine that keeps my heart warm.

If I am silly enough to shed my tears, please be considerate and forgive me,

After parting with you tomorrow morning, the road may be lonely and long,

...

Even though there were thousands of romantic encounters

On my way ahead,

Even though there were thousands of night stars

That are brighter than the moonlit tonight,

At least, let them be compared to the deep affection between us...

...

She was not sure why as she listened to this singing, Arya vaguely felt an unnamed sorrow. As the song was about to end, she suddenly could not hold herself back and reached out to click on the repeat button.

"I can tell that you're a nostalgic person too. It's just a song, but you already relate?"

After a long while, Xavier's deep and perceptive voice was suddenly heard from the side. His tone sounded vaguely warm like the wind that blew past underneath the dim, yellow streetlights, appearing a little surreal.

"Isn't this CD yours?" Arya asked softly.

Xavier smiled but did not respond. Instead, a dim light glowed in his silent and starry eyes.

"Don't you feel that this seems quite relatable to us?" Arya suddenly looked at him.

Aa faint smile flashed across his honorable and handsome face. His deep and intoxicating singing was very warm and sentimental.

"Even though there were thousands of night stars that are brighter than the moonlit tonight, at least let them be compared to the deep affection between us... Never would I appreciate them, because tonight you sing with me..."

His low singing voice entered her ears and she felt a slight warmth in her heart. She could not help but become intoxicated by his singing.

She would not have expected him to know this song and to even sing it so well.

She pursed her lips slightly and smiled as she turned to quietly look out of the window. The two of them said nothing, yet the car was floating with an indescribable warmth. On this rainy night, it felt a little magical.