Chapter 80: Crack

An unknown number greeted her sight. She was about to ask who it was, but he handed the phone to her and said softly,

"It's for you."

Arya's brows raised, then she muttered,

"You're acting crazy."

She reached out to take over the phone and answer, it.

"Hello?"

When he heard her voice, a muffled voice which was affected by gloom mumbled quickly,

"Arya, it's me..."

Recognizing his voice, Arya frowned. Her body tensed up and a while after, she said,

"Why are you calling?"

"The thing that you got someone to bring me... I've seen it... I want to talk to you..." Ethan's low voice came through with a hint of disappointment and frustration.

Arya leaned against Xavier and sat down.

"The things I brought you have no other meaning. I just wanted to do it for myself. Besides, however you see them is your problem."

"Arya, I also..."

"Enough, CEO Ethan. I'm not interested in chatting with you. For now, you should be thinking about how to help your fiancé with those rumours."

Arya indifferently lowered her gaze and then slowly hung up. Just as she was about to continue tidying up, she suddenly felt that the energy from the man beside her was off, so she then turned to look at him. Indeed, he did not look right. His deep eyes flickered with a cold light that she could not fathom as they stared right at her.

Arya immediately frowned and looked up at him.

"What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You delivered something to him?" He asked in a deep voice, his eyes narrowed.

When she heard him, she vaguely felt that his tone was not right, and from the way he looked, she thought about something. Then, her lips curled up as she pulled at his arm and her body leaned forward.

"Why do I smell something sour here? You wouldn't be jealous, would you?"

His handsome brows furrowed. The light in his eyes was sly and bewitching. Quite a while after that, he said,

"What brand is the vinegar? Who would have such power? That person isn't on the same level as I am. Would I be jealous of him?"

Arya immediately giggled gently. She went up to him with her slender body.

"You smell sour from head to toe, and you're still denying it? Quickly come up with a new term called 'proud and pampered'!"

He reached out to hug her body that had shimmied up to him. When she threw himself onto him, the both of them ended up lying down.

"I'm fine. I didn't..."

"Defending yourself is tantamount to covering up!"

She pinned him down below her, and stared at him like she was discovering him with the curiosity of finding a New World, yet he was frankly lazy to explain and lowered his gaze. He reached up to comb his fingers through her beautiful hair.

When she saw him keeping mum, Arya lifted her fair and slightly cold fingers to touch his handsome face. She looked down at him and said softly,

"I just got Reena to send the evidence I collected about Victoria's crimes to his office. I wanted to expose Victoria... Do you think I'm a bad woman?"