Chapter 86: Struggle

The drizzle went on and shrouded the whole of New York City in a mist, putting everyone in a sullen mood.

Inside a quiet villa in the outskirts.

Victoria had moved into the villa ever since she was discharged from the hospital. It had been some time since then. Layla and the Hans would visit often, but Ethan never appeared there. His phone was almost always switched off. She wanted to look for him at the Martinez Corporation, but she was worried about getting caught by reporters. In the end, she could not do anything but coup herself up inside the villa.

Today, she thought she would be passing another boring day all by herself. Unexpectedly, Madison and Layla went over in the afternoon with a marriage contract!

"Victoria, sign this. I've talked to Ethan about it. We'll take it to the company for him to sign after you do. Then, you two will be an official pair after we send this to the Civil Affairs Bureau. The elder and the others will come over tonight to celebrate your marriage."

Madison handed the contract to Victoria as she said,

"I've ordered the servants to prepare dinner."

"That's right, Victoria. Sign it quickly. We'll then send it to Ethan. Hurry, we might not make it before the Civil Affairs Bureau gets off work!"

Layla gleefully grabbed the contract from Madison and presented it to Victoria who was startled for a moment before she came back to her senses and quickly signed it.

"Great! I've been looking forward to this day! Your grandfather asked me about your marriage with Ethan several days ago. I gave it some thought and decided to bring your grandparents over as well, so we can celebrate together."

Layla took the document back from Layla and gave to Madison who accepted it with a mixed expression on her face.

"Mother, will Ethan be coming tonight? The baby and I miss him... Is he still angry with me? He never picks up my call..."

Victoria watched Madison carefully with a pair of eyes full of anticipation. Her beautiful face lacked the paleness she had before, and she now seemed much better.

"He's been busy with Johns Media's matters. Please understand Ethan. Everyone is exhausted. It's really not easy for him to hold the fort down," answered Layla.

Ethan respected the decision of Madison and the others. In fact, he was handling Johns Media on behalf of Victoria, and it was not easy for him to keep the company running.

Ethan still had a trick or two up his sleeves. He took back several movies that were previously cancelled back as well as some huge advertisements. Besides that, he swapped Victoria out and delivered a public apology on behalf of her. On the other hand, he also managed to keep their biggest investor Smiths Corporation. With all his hard work, he barely kept Johns Media alive.

During this period, as the second largest stakeholder, Arya never appeared. Everything was handled by the Vice President of Glory World, Liam. In addition to that, Glory World put in a lot of effort as well. They removed Victoria and selected another artiste as the new ambassador for Imperial Sky Jewellery City with many stakeholders in favour of the decision.

Victoria bit her lip when she heard Layla. She then replied,

"I got it. I'm sorry, Mother. Things must've been tough. I'll make sure to correct my own mistakes and do my best to become Ethan's best aide!"

Victoria's eyes were filled with confidence when she spoke. Having graduated as a business major back in university, she had also been learning a lot about business after shadowing Ethan around for the past few years.