Chapter 82: Pregnant

Ethan's eyes seemed desolate as he glanced at Xavier for a moment before averting his gaze to Arya beside him.

Ethan's sudden appearance startled Arya a little. She turned towards the man beside her subconsciously. Xavier seemed calm although his grip over Arya's shoulder tightened slightly as he stared at Ethan.

Ethan's expression changed when he saw Xavier in casual wear. After a while, he said in a high and mighty tone,

"Glad to meet you here, Chairman Knight!"

He then looked back at Arya and spoke in a slightly softer tone,

"Arya, I didn't expect to bump into you here!"

Xavier put on a smile on his handsome face.

"Glad to meet me? I'm not very glad to see you..."

He then looked at Arya with a dark expression. Ethan's expression seemed complicated as well. After some thought, he suddenly let go of Arya and whispered beside her ear,

"I'll wait for you in the car."

He turned around, but Arya grabbed his hand. A light flashed through her eyes as she stared at him.

He looked at her beautiful face for a while before glancing over at Ethan. Sighing, he said quietly,

"Make it clear with him. I'm not giving you any more chances in the future. Remember that you're Mrs. Knight."

He pushed her hand away gently as he went off.

...

Arya turned back and looked at the man quietly, her eyes hardening. She closed her eyes after a while.

"Arya..."

Ethan finally came down from the staircase and reached Arya. He called out to her quietly.

"How are you?"

Ever since she hung up on his call the last time, Ethan tried calling back again several times, but she did not pick up any of them. Victoria's issue did not stop at all, so Arya thought that Ethan's motive of calling her was probably because of Victoria.

Arya did not reply. After some time, she raised her head and looked at the river below, leaning her arms onto the cold railing.

She gave a short and cold reply, "Pretty good."

"Why won't you see me?" Ethan went over beside her and asked.

Arya grinned coldly when she heard his question. "Why should I?"

"Weren't you trying to tell me something by sending me the documents about Victoria?" Ethan looked at her.

"Wouldn't keeping me in the dark be a better punishment from your perspective?"

Arya did not reply Ethan immediately. She took a deep breath and felt the cold breeze from the river brushing past her cheeks as she clenched her fists slightly.

"I didn't send those documents to you for your sake. It's for mine. I want to ridicule Victoria and rub salt into your wound. I want you guys to feel the pain. That's it."

"You still hate me don't you, Arya?" Ethan stared at her deeply and a depressed vibe shrouded him.

"I admit that it's my fault for abandoning you!"

Arya just smiled.

"I've decided to cancel my marriage with Victoria..." Ethan continued when she did not say anything.

"You're still the same. Weren't you very in love with Victoria before? I thought that the both of you both can't leave each other. And now it seems like you've thrown away your heavy baggage. Ethan, I'm glad that you're not the person I've chosen. If not, I'd end up the same as Victoria, wouldn't I?"