Chapter 38: Glory World Anniversary 2

She was smiling with a glass of wine in her hand, but her eyes froze when she saw Arya. Then, smiled.

"I see Sis. Director Johns is here as well."

Arya looked at her indifferently with the intent of mocking her. Those eyes made Victoria feel a little uncomfortable.

"Chairman Knight, I wasn't able to give you a proper greeting the last time. I'm glad that we get to meet again. I'm also honored to be invited to attend your anniversary. Here's a toast to you!"

Victoria quickly averted her gaze towards Xavier on the side.

Xavier frowned slightly and looked at her sharply. Apparently, he reacted peculiarly and did not have any impression of her until Rick came over and introduced,

"Master, she's Ms. Victoria. Do you still remember? We met once on the ground floor. She's one of our ambassadors for Imperial Sky Jewellery City, so the PR Department invited her as a guest."

Suddenly, Lin Patricia and the others came back. Manager of the Public Relations Department piped up,

"That's right, Chairman Knight. Ms. Victoria is the newest star in the entertainment industry and she's extremely popular, that's why we decided to have her join us."

"Vice President Lin, Manager!" Victoria went up to them with a beautiful smile, charming the socks off everyone around her.

"I'm really thankful for Manager. I've been looking forward to working with a large organization like Glory World. It's a really great opportunity for me. I also want to thank Chairman Knight for giving me this chance, so here's cheers to you, Chairman Knight!"

Victoria's eyes looked genuine and thankful as she turned to the distant Xavier with a wide smile on her face. Her elegance shone and everyone around nodded along.

The quiet Xavier squinted his eyes and glanced at Victoria. He turned around and faced Arya who had been looking at him before he asked quietly,

"Director Johns, if I'm not mistaken, you're the one in charge of the Imperial Sky Entertainment City project, aren't you?"

Arya was stunned by his question and she nodded.

"Yes, Chairman Knight. I've been overseeing it from the point Director passed it to me until the end of the project together with the recruitment of business partners."

"So, Director Johns is the one who worked the hardest here. Ms. Johns, you should thank our Director Johns instead of me. What does everyone think?"

Xavier gave Arya a meaningful glance, his voice calm, but there was an odd underlying tone in his words.

"That's true, Ms. Victoria. Director Johns did work her hardest." Lin Patricia went along with Xavier's words and glanced at Arya before looking at Victoria. Her eyes brightened up as she pointed out,

"Director Johns and Ms. Victoria both have the surname Johns. You two..."

Victoria seemed shocked when she heard Lin Patricia. Her eyes looked towards Arya. The way she seemed to be suppressing her excitement was rather obvious.

Arya just smiled. Without even looking at Victoria and Lin Patricia, she looked at Lin Patricia instead and in a respectful tone, she asked,

"Vice President Lin, you have the surname Lin too. So does our Director Lin. Are you guys related in any way?"

She then gave him a cheeky eye signal. Lin Patricia smiled back and said,

"My family only had a single child for the past five generations. I've never heard of any relatives..."