Chapter 54: Arya Is Already Married!

The weather was pretty kind after the New Year; it was sunny for several days in a row.

After Arya confirmed the details of the opening ceremony with the PR Department on the third, she had been working tirelessly every day.

The trial business run ended on the fifth. A clean up commenced in Entertainment City and Glory World's employees soon returned to help out.

Arya supervised the whole decoration process as well as the backstage work. She had no breaks at all.

At that moment, Arya was standing there at the plaza inside Entertainment City as the workers were changing a new, large advertisement board. Manager from PR Department suddenly asked,

"Director Johns, did you mention that Chairman Knight is going to make it back in time tomorrow?"

Arya averted her gaze and turned towards Manager, nodding.

"That's what he said. Don't worry. There are some important guests that we need to call and invite again. I'll leave this to you."

Manager assured her, "Don't worry. It'll be done."

"Mmm, things might be a little rough tonight. Let's set the stage set up first. There's still a lot to be done tomorrow. We'll handle the big stuff today and things will get a little easier tomorrow. I'll help everyone out tonight, and I'll treat everyone to dinner afterward as well. Hmm, but looking at the time, it might be supper instead."

Arya looked at the sun setting. It was getting pretty late.

Manager and several other employees were thrilled.

"Great! Everyone will be pumped up to work hard thanks to Director Johns's generosity. You guys go and tell everyone about it and get them to work more swiftly. Get the job done earlier and Director Johns will treat us to supper later."

"Alright, got it!"

They grinned as they went up to the busy bunch.

...

While Arya was busy working, Xavier did not have it any easier as well. He did not stay over after finishing the contract. He went straight to the airport.

In the VIP room of the New Jersey City airport.

"Master, there's about 20 minutes until the flight. Rest here."

James put the heavy briefcase on a sofa before he poured a cup of tea for Xavier.

Xavier raised his hand slightly to stop James. As he sat down by the window, James's phone rang.

James quickly picked up the call, but then he frowned after listening to several words from the person on the phone. He turned towards Xavier who was resting and said quietly,

"Master, it's for you. It's Bureau Chief Ronald from the Civil Affairs Bureau..."

Xavier opened his eyes and he took the phone from James.

"Yep." His deep voice went through the phone.

"Hello, Master Knight! I'm Ronald. I have something to tell you," a polite voice replied.

Xavier held his fuzzy head with an arm. "Speak."

"Yes, Master Knight! I received a call from my assistant. Someone came to check on the Missus' marriage records, but he stopped him and wanted to ask you about it," Ronald reported.

Xavier frowned slightly as a light appeared in his eyes.

"Who's the one checking?"

"I looked him up and it seems to be CEO Ethan from the Martinez Corporation. Ethan..."