Chapter 35: Stubborn!

Victoria freaked out and grabbed some tissue papers on the table to wipe the coffee off her face. The brown liquid had dripped down through her blonde hair. Her makeup was smeared and her white outfit was stained with coffee everywhere. She looked absolutely miserable.

Fortunately, the coffee was not too hot. If not...

She sobbed as she was cleaning herself up. Putting an arm on the table to support herself with the other covering her nose and mouth, her hand on the table clenched into a fist. She stared at the cup that was tossed aside and tears filled her eyes.

After calming herself down, she looked outside the window and saw Arya's back.

Arya walked past the street and went towards the parking lot but just as she reached her car, a luxurious Rolls Royce was parked in front of it.

What surprised her was not the luxury car, but the man leaning on the car — it was Ethan!

Ethan's expression seemed frigid as he looked at Arya with his quiet eyes. There were too many complications between them. As he was focused on her, she still had her usual cold look on her face.

Arya halted in her steps and looked at Ethan before turning her head towards Victoria who was still inside the cafè crying. She grinned coldly as she continued walking with the folder in her hand.

Arya walked past Ethan without slowing down at all. She looked straight ahead at her black Cayenne as she took out the car keys from the pocket of her windbreaker.

"Arya, let's talk!"

A cold wind blew as he grabbed Arya's arm and dragged her backward. Arya did not expect him to seize both her arms and force her to turn around and face him.

"What about? Do you think we still have anything to talk about between us?"

Arya did not struggle. She just raised her head and stared defiantly at Ethan with her sheer cold eyes.

"Arya, things shouldn't be like this between us. Do you understand? I hope that we can go back to how it was before. I can be the brother who always protected you, and you can be the old Arya who'd stay behind my back. Nothing needs to change. Wouldn't that be great?"

Ethan seemed disappointed and oddly frustrated while he looked straight at Arya and his grip on her arms started to tighten until she felt a slight pain.

Arya's smile grew wider on her beautiful face. Her eyes looked at Ethan sharply and she said between gritted teeth,

"Ethan, I gave you a chance three years ago to explain yourself. I've also begged you to not leave me. You're the one who broke all our promises. You betrayed our engagement."

Arya suddenly gave a cold laugh and her eyes turned even scarier.

"I admit that I did like you back then and hoped to marry you, but I only have that much feelings for you. They finished once they ran out. I earnestly gave them all to you, but not only did you not want it, you even stepped on them while telling me that you loved someone else. So, why would you think that I can still give you two my blessings with a huge smile? I genuinely wish that I could destroy the both of you!"

She slapped Ethan's hand off her left shoulder.

She could feel the pain on her wound electrify her when he applied pressure on it. If his vice grip had continued any further, the wound might have opened up.

She took a step back after breaking free of his grip and looked at him calmly with a strong aura of determination around her.

Ignoring Ethan's silence, Arya turned around. She did not want to waste time with him anymore. Her slender figure passed him under the warm sun.