Chapter 34: Temperature of The Lips

Arya drank two bowls of soup and still did not find anything odd. Just as she was about to voice her doubts out, the man opposite her already started devouring his dinner...

After dinner, Xavier did the dishes. Arya was done bathing after he was finished and she went upstairs. She also applied some medicine on her wound.

"Did you hurt your wound?"

As Arya was sitting on the soft sofa, watching TV in the living room, she turned around as she heard Xavier speaking to her. He wore a dark blue sleeping robe and was walking out of the bedroom as he was tying the sash.

"Hmm?"

Arya did not react in time and stared at him in shock. He stopped behind her with a frown on his face as he studied her left shoulder with his sharp eyes.

"I saw the disposed bandage in the bathroom trash bin," he explained.

"Oh, I accidentally hurt it a little, but the wound did not open up. It just stings a little."

Arya moved aside and opened up some space for him as she was going to pour him a cup of chrysanthemum tea.

As her fingers touched the pot, Xavier's big hand swiftly went past her. She felt the spot beside her sink in while he sat down.

"Be careful. I'll get Uncle to take a look at it."

He sipped some tea and then picked up his phone on the table. Arya quickly grabbed his arm and insisted,

"It's alright. I'm really fine. It's late already anyway."

Xavier stared at her for quite some time before putting his phone away.

She slowly let go of his arm and looked away from his intense gaze. She curled up on the sofa before grabbing the remote control and started switching the channels randomly...

Thud!

Suddenly, the remote control in her hand slipped from her grip and fell onto the carpet.

Frowning, she quickly bent over to pick it up, but just as her fingers were just about to reach the control, they reached a warm palm instead.

He gently grabbed her hand and sighed. Then, he put the teacup away with his other hand and started picking up the control. His voice sounded magnetic.

"Do you think your Mr. Knight looks like a monster?"

Arya was shocked and she looked at him seriously for some time before replying,

"Not at all."

Xavier smiled.

"Then, why do I always feel that you're afraid of me?"

"I'm not. I think you're a pretty easy-going person." As Arya gave her earnest reply, her face started blushing as she threw him odd glances. She gave it some thought before replying,

"I just... feel... a little not used to it."

"Hmm?"

Xavier stared at her longer, then he asked,

"Are you being shy now? How old are you already? Do you think you're still a little girl?"

"Of course not! Do you think I'm still a school girl who'll be shy? I've graduated from university many years ago!"

Arya would never think of herself as an innocent little girl. She was a modern woman, so why would she be shy?

"Really?"

His dark eyes squinted as he looked at her with an odd smile.

Arya raised her eyebrows and nodded. Her little face looked even more charming as they basked under the faint yellow light.