Chapter 70: Johns Media Stakeholders' Meeting

Bam!

There was a heavy sound of the door closing akin to a massive hammer knocking right on Victoria's heart, and she could not help but shudder.

She stared blankly at the door that was closed in a daze. A long while after that, she lowered her gaze and hid the loneliness expressed by her eyes. She clasped both hands tightly before thinking about it, then peered down at the sexy nightgown she had changed into and sighed. Finally, she pulled the blanket away and got down from the bed.

She quickly took her own clothes out from the wardrobe and swiftly put them on. Then, she left the bedroom.

When she reached the entrance of the study room, she saw that the light in the room was still switched on. Peeking through the gap of the door and seeing him sitting by the desk and smoking, he seemed lonely. Her beautiful eyes dimmed and she could not help but bite on her lips out of habit. Then, she said to Ethan inside,

"Ethan, I'm going home now. Don't sleep too late. I'll worry."

She turned around and was about to leave.

"How are you going back this late? It's quite far to go back from here."

Ethan looked up, exhaling a puff of smoke and looking at Victoria by the door. His silent eyes were filled with conflict.

Victoria sniffed a little, her voice remaining gentle yet carrying a hint of her choking on her sobs.

"It's fine, I'll go by myself. You should rest earlier too."

"Victoria!" Ethan frowned. He then abruptly stood up and walked quickly toward her. He held her by the hand and said,

"It's already so late right now. You should wait till tomorrow morning even if you want to go home!"

Victoria struggled for a while before she gazed up with her tearful eyes and stared at him stubbornly.

"I'm going home right now. I don't want to stay here and suffocate you, making you unhappy!"

"I'm not unhappy. I'm just a little tired," Ethan explained weakly,

"If you think it's because of all these scandals, I'm already used to it. Victoria, why don't you quit the entertainment industry? Just be a good Mrs. Martinez. Wouldn't that be great?

"The showbiz is mixed with the good and bad. There are a lot of troubles too. Why don't quit? You don't have to be associated with these wicked people anymore. After we're married, you can just help Grandmother manage Johns Media."

As Ethan said this, his hand on Victoria tightened. There was a hope that could not be concealed in his eyes.

This was not his first time mentioning this, but every time he did, Victoria would immediately reject him, he wondered if this time, it would be the same as all the times before?

When Ethan said all of that, Victoria instantly turned nervous. Her pale and weak face held a hint of darkness. Suddenly, she turned to her side and her little hand gripped onto Ethan's hand tightly too.

"Ethan, you know that taking the path of stardom and becoming a superstar is my dream since I was young. Now, I'm already so close to it, so why shouldn't I persist? I promise you that the instance I achieve my dreams, I'll go all out and be your good Mrs. Martinez, okay?"

Her beautiful eyes begged him. "When you proposed to me, didn't you already promise me this?"

"But now is a precarious time. You might as well quit now during this storm. Victoria, I've always gone with your wishes. Can't you just go with mine for once?"