Chapter 90: To Dote On

Kristina's face sank as her eyes held mixed emotions and disbelief. She thought about it for a while before answering,

"It should be him. Earlier, when I called Arya, he answered the phone halfway!"

"He answered the phone?"

Layla very quickly caught onto something. She immediately lifted her wrist to take a look at the time. It was close to midnight, which meant...

"Arya is with Master Knight?" she could not help but blurt out as she stared at Kristina with wide eyes.

Kristina's aged face started to look uncertain. Although she did not answer, the answer seemed obvious!

"Go ask around in the next few days. I keep feeling that things aren't that simple. Earlier, your father even warned me not to mess with Arya, but with that personality of his, when has he ever not protected Arya? Huh, he even said that we can save trouble for ourselves? Just with tonight's incident, if it were not for her provocation, things wouldn't have turned out like this."

As Layla listened, she frowned and thought about it for a while. Then, she nodded with a heavy expression.

"Okay, I'll go ask around. Don't worry, Mother. I'll talk to Father. About Victoria, I..."

"Now that things have come to this point, sigh, I think it's best if we see how Victoria is first. Most importantly, we have to consider the Martinez family..."

Kristina now felt a huge headache too, especially with the way Elder Martinez had furiously rushed to leave earlier and the way Ethan left without turning back. Even she could not bear the humiliation, what more...

"If it really is true, then Victoria has really gone overboard. Even your father was... If Benjamin finds out about this, he'll be angry again. You must know that once this matter is dug out again, even he's implicated. Victoria's too rash with her actions..."

Kristina frowned and glared at Layla who was stunned. She quickly said with a pale expression,

"Mother, Victoria was only provoked by the recent incidents. Now that she's like this, I hope..."

"Enough, the key problem isn't with me. You'd better think about how to keep the Martinez family calm. Johns Media is finally stable again, so I hope that there wouldn't be another surge of trouble after this."

Layla was also worn out, so she could only console her,

"Yes, Mother, I understand. I'll think of a way. Johns Media will be fine. Let's take a look at how Victoria is first."

...

A while after, the door to the emergency ward finally opened and Victoria was wheeled out from inside.

"How is it, Doctor? My daughter, how is she?"

"How's Victoria? Doctor?"

Layla and Madison went up together.

The doctor pushed his mask down and looked at Victoria who was still unconscious on the sick bed. He responded with a heavy tone,

"She's a little weak. Her fetus isn't very stable. Trigger her less and take care of her well. Make sure she has a balanced diet and keep her happy."

"Thank you, Doctor. We will. Thank you!"

"I'll prescribe some meds to stabilize the pregnancy. Later, the nurse will explain what needs to be taken note of. The patient needs to rest right now and she's not very emotionally stable, so it's best if she's not disturbed now. Just leave one person to watch her."