Chapter 27: Knights & Johnsons Family Dinner

Speaking of Xavier, he was no stranger to him at all.

Robert had crossed paths with Xavier in business before. Personally, he had always admired Xavier who was a promising, young man.

He had the brains for business, was wise, farsighted, and strategic. Besides that, he had rather good capabilities and a very positive character. In fact, he was handsome too. He did match his beloved granddaughter from all aspects.

Back then, after understanding a bit about Xavier, he had hoped for Arya to end up with him since a marriage connection between the Knights and the Johnsons would do no harm. Anyway, they knew them through and through. At that time, the Knight family wanted to be connected by marriage with the Johnson family, so he intended to wed Arianna to Michael. Therefore, he had strongly objected to Arianna and Benjamin's marriage. Later on, when it did not happen, both the families had only regret left.

When Arianna had married into the Johns family, because her health was not too good, she had only got pregnant with Arya a few years after that. Michael of the Knight family married Oliva, and the two families lost touch until recently when he unexpectedly bumped into Bella and the rest at a banquet.

Now that they had made this happen, it was considered a happy incident to everyone's delight too. However, he just felt like the beloved granddaughter he had loved dearly for many years had suddenly become another young man's wife. This was quite an upsetting feeling. He felt like his beloved was abruptly stolen away just like that.

Robert felt quite sorrowful especially when he heard Bella and David's cunning laughter. The more he thought about it, the angrier he felt.

"Grandpa, I'm just telling the truth. Grandfather, Grandmother, Mother, and Father are all very good to me. They knew that we were planning to return to the Johnson residence this weekend, so they even prepared a bunch of things. In fact, aren't Grandpa and Mother familiar with them? Xavier and I were even previously from the same school. He was my senior," Arya tried to explain.

Robert replied quite unhappily,

"Enough! Stop talking now. At this point, what can I say? I'm old and I can't control you guys. This weekend, coincidentally, your mother will be back since the school is on holiday. You two had better make a visit home."

As he said this, he stood up with the help of his staff and looked at them.

"What are you still standing there for? I've already been mad for the whole day. Do you still want to make me starve as I lecture you?"

Arya was startled. She looked at Robert, then there were signs of cheer on her face. She was about to remind Xavier, but he already helped her up and answered modestly,

"I've already told the people at Maple Residence to prepare some food and drinks. At the same time, I've asked Grandfather, Grandmother and my parents to come over. James should be on the way to pick Mother-in-law up from University right now."

What a highly efficient person indeed!

When she heard his updates, Arya stared in shock at Xavier while Robert snorted,

"At least you're tactful and can show some sincerity."

As he said this, he walked out of the door, and Jackson who had been silent on the side followed him out.

"Hey, when did you invite Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, and Mother over? And my mother? I didn't see you make a call earlier either. Also, why didn't you just call all of them to Maple Residence?" Arya looked doubtfully at Xavier.

Xavier raised his brows as he bent down slightly and whispered softly in her ear, "This is tactic. Grandfather and Grandmother can obviously take your grandpa down. As for your mother, leaving it to Father and Mother to handle should be just right. Us? We'll just watch the fires burn from across the river. Sit back and enjoy the fruits of this war. Learn more from me, my dear. Isn't your husband just terribly smart?"