Christmas Special

Hello, Everyone! This isn't a real episode so feel free to read...or not, either way it doesn't REALLY have MUCH of an effect on past or future episodes ;)

Feel free to leave a comment if you do read and ask questions if need be! Thanks for the support and new season to come soon! <3

PLAY video for music to go along with chapter! :)

SimplyFictional Productions Presents...

~ A Very Labeled Christmas ~

The holiday season can bring out the best in some people. The lights, the food, the atmosphere of cooking warm coco on a night cold as ice can help people to see the good in life. However, for some people the holidays are just a reminder of what they can never have or what they lost along the way. Whatever side you fall under, one thing can always be said about Christmas time; it brings people of all different labels together for better…or worse.

“I can’t believe you! How can you go along with this?!” He shouts at his mom while starring at a feast full of food on his small kitchen table.

The worn down woman sighs and stares back at her son with desperate eyes. “Please, don’t do this Logan…not today.”

“Then when?! When-“

The sound of a hand violently slamming to the table causes Logan to go silent as he turns to face his stepfather who is scowling at him. He stands up from the table and Logan stands straight as a board, waiting for the impact. “You will not disrespect your mother.”

Logan’s jaw clenches at the sound of this man defending his mother to him. “I’m not disrespecting her, I’m disrespecting you, Brad.” He says the name with nothing more than disdain.

The man’s fist clench at his sides and Logan glances at them quickly, expecting one to collide with his face but it never does. He remains silent for a moment before turning back to his mother who is sitting frightened at the dinner table.

“I won’t have Christmas dinner at another family’s expense.” He turns and walks back to the front door of their small apartment before grabbing his coat and turning back to his family. “Enjoy your homemade meal while you can, I doubt they bothering heating food in prison.” Logan watches as his mother stares back at him with tear filled eyes. He realizes while starring at her that he wants nothing more than to spend Christmas with her but he knew that as long as she was condoning Brad’s actions she wasn’t his mother, she was someone else entirely and he just couldn’t overlook what they both had done.

~~~

“I’m not coming home if he’s still passed out.” Joe argues with his mom over the phone while sitting outside in his parked car.

“He’ll be fine.” Mrs. Adam assures her son but glances over at her husband passed out on the couch and suddenly feels a pang of guilt for lying. “He’s just tired from work.”

Joe rolls his eyes and slams his head into the seat of his car. “You and I both know work isn’t why he came home this morning and passed out on the couch. I’m tired of this and as much as I want to spend Christmas with you and dad, I won’t waste my holiday on a druggie who won’t even remember eating dinner the next day.” His words were painful but his voice remained even and calm as he said what needed to be said. “I hope you and dad have a nice Christmas. I’m going to finish up my shift and then find a place to crash for the night.” He waits for a response but silence fill the air and he hesitates a moment before ending the call. “Merry Christmas, mom.” He whispers before closing his eyes and leaving his head resting against the seat.