Episode 57

Mia's standing behind the counter at the coffee shop, getting some drink orders when Jake walks through the door. She gives Jake a small smile before glancing down to put the lid on one of the cups. "Hey."

Jake walks over to the counter and leans across it with a smile. "Hey. So...where am I needed?"

She nods over to the five full tables. "I could use a little help taking orders. There's a smock in the back and ordering pads are under the counter." She grabs her cups of coffee and takes them to the customers.

He nods and begins grabbing his things.

Mia fakes a smile at the customers and hands them their drinks before walking back to the counter.

Jake's grabbing his order pad out from under the counter when Mia walks behind him, getting more drinks. "Okay...so, who hasn't given their order?"

She smirks at his job ignorance. "Anyone who doesn't already have food or drinks."

He nods with a serious expression. "Right."

She chuckles at his serious demeanor. "Just be polite, write down what they want and I'll show you how to work the cappuccino machine's."

"Got it." He nods and walks over to a table with two customer. He smiles down at them and begins talking robotically almost. "Can I take your order?"

Mia hands another table their order and looks over at Jake, crossing her arms and observing his first hand at taking orders.

Jake nods trying to write down what they want as fast as they are speaking. "Okay...so...that was two cappuccino's one with foam and double mocha, the other with no foam, two biscotti's, and a chocolate milkshake?"

One of the two guys sitting at the table shakes his head. "No, three biscotti's,"

"Half a shot of mocha in the second cappuccino", the second one continues.

"And a vanilla and chocolate mixed milkshake." The first one finishes.

Jake looks back and forth between both guys and begins scribbling out stuff and writing quickly. He nods and looks at then with an unsure look. "Right...okay." He forces a smile and turns, walking back to the counter.

Mia chuckles at his facial expression and follows him back to the counter.

Jake shakes his head in amazement and looks over at her. "It was only two people! What two people eat that much?!"

She chuckles and takes his order pad from him, looking over it. She giggles at his writing and looks up at him with a raised eyebrow. "You know, the trick is to abbreviate long words like 'cappuccino' and to not write down every little thing they say." She shakes her head and hands him the order pad. "What were you trying to do, write a book?"

Jake smirks at Mia and takes the ordering pad. "Maybe...and you know that information would have been helpful...oh I don't know...five minutes ago!"

She shakes her head and walks over to the cappuccino machine, motioning for Jake to follow her. "Okay, so to make a cappuccino..." She goes on to tell him how to use the machine and he stands close behind her, listening and nodding to what she says. After a few minutes of explaining she turns to him. "Think you can handle it?"

He slowly looks from the machine to Miley and nods.

She sighs in disbelief. "Okay." She steps back and takes a few drinks to her customers.

Jake finishes with both cappuccino's and brings them over to the guys at the table. He gives them a small smile before returning to the counter.

Mia walks back over to the counter where Jake is with a smile and puts her tray under the counter. "Did you get it?"