Episode 61

"How did invitation distribution go?" Joe asks with a smile as he steps up to Taylor and Scarlett who are standing around his locker.

"Great! I didn't invite many, that way keeping it a secret will be easier."

"Perfect." He smiles and turns to look at the both of them. "Thanks again for doing all this."

Scarlett shrugs with a large smile while Taylor forces a small smile. "No biggie."

Dani sees Joe standing by the lockers talking to Scarlett and Taylor and walks up to him with anger. "I need to talk to you." Her eyes stay locked on Joe without even acknowledging Taylor or Scarlett.

Joe looks over at her with a worried smile. "About what...?"

She looks over at Scarlett and Taylor with that same serious expression, making them both a bit scared. Scarlett's eyes widen, noticing the serious irritation in Dani's tone. "Okay...I think that's my cue to leave."

"And I'll come with you." Taylor adds, looking over at Joe with wide eyes and a small smile. "See you later?" He nods with a smile and leans over to give her a small peck on the lips.

Dani quickly looks down at the ground as they kiss and she can feel her anger increase.

Joe turns back to her with a smile after Taylor leaves. "So...what's up?"

"What's up is the fact that you have no clue what it means to keep a secret! Adam, I specifically told you I didn't want anyone knowing about my birthday and somehow Nick just happens to know December 2nd is the day I entered this cruel world?!" She crosses her arms and stands there starring at him with a scowl, waiting for a response.

His face contorts into confusion. "Nick? Why the hell would you think I told Nick it was your birthday? I can't even be in the same room with Nick the Dick for more than a minute without feeling like I'm contracting some sort of disease."

She throws her hands up in disbelief. "Well then how the hell did he know this weekend was my birthday?!"

Joe shrugs with an innocent expression. "Don't ask me."

She sighs and stands there for a minute before giving Joe an apologetic expression. "Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I mean there are a million ways Nick could have known that it was my birthday, right?"

He nods once. "Exactly."

She nods and sighs, trying to let go of her anger. "Alright." She shows a small smile. "See you later?"

He nods once and watches as she walks off down the hall. He quickly pulls out his cell phone and sends Scarlett a text. ("u didn't give Nick an invitation, did u?")

("r u sersly asking me tht question?")

He gets Scarlett's text and slides his cell phone back in his pocket, still wondering how Nick found out.

~~~

Jake takes a tray of drinks over to some customers and gives them their drinks with a smile before walking back over to the counter of the coffee shop where Mia is sitting, lost in thought. "Working hard?"

She jumps slightly at the sound of his voice and comes out of thought, looking up at him. "Oh, sorry." She begins to stand up but Jake motions for her to stay seated.

"No, no, it's okay. I've got everything covered. This place is pretty dead anyways." He looks to his left just as the last customers walk out the door. He looks back at her with a smirk. "And now it's completely dead." He sits down in front of her with a smile. "So, what's on your mind?"