Episode 12

David's leaning against the locker beside Jake's. "I can't believe you have a date with Scarlett this weekend. I so hate you right now."

Jake chuckles and continues pulling books from his locker. "Sorry, man. It was an offer I couldn't refuse."

David scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion. "Wait...she asked you out?"

Jake nods while continuing to pull books from his locker. "Practically. All I had to do was fill in the pieces."

"You suck."

Jake chuckles at David's response and shuts his locker before putting his hand on David's shoulder. "Sorry, dude."

David glares at Jake jokingly and looks over Jake's shoulder, seeing Scarlett walking towards them. "I'm gonna go. I don't think my self esteem could take it if Scarlett still hasn't remembered my name." He smirks before turning and walking off.

Jake turns around and smiles when he sees Scarlett. "Hey."

She smiles and stands on her toes to kiss Jake on the cheek. "Hey."

"So we're still on for tomorrow, right?"

"Of course."

"Just wanted to make sure. With my luck you'd cancel for some completely reasonable explanation and I'd be sitting on my couch all night, depressed and eating eating chunky munky." Jake speaks jokingly.

Scarlett laughs and shakes her head. "You're funny. And believe me...I'm not going to bail."

He smiles. "Good."

~~~

Dani's sitting outside of the school, finishing up some homework when Joe walks up and sits down in front of her. "Hey, Dans." He smiles over at her.

She glances up at him for a moment. "Hey." She quickly lowers her head and goes back to what she was doing before. "Since when do you call me 'Dans'?" She mumbles silently in sadness while Joe shrugs with that same bright smile before quickly overlooking her question and moving on.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in days."

She continues working and speaks to him without looking up at him. "Probably because you haven't."

He looks down at the table in guilt. "Yeah, sorry about that. I've just been spending the past few days after school with Taylor." He smiles and looks back at Dani. "She's really awesome."

"That's great."

Joe gives her a look of confusion. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, of course not. Why would you think that?" She asks with a hint of sarcasm while continuing to stare down at her homework.

"Well, for one you have barely looked at me and second...you have that tone."

She sighs and finally looks up at him. "What tone?"

"That tone you get when someone is really pissing you off. Granted, that's usually every minute of everyday but I've been your friend long enough to distinguish between casually pissed off Dani and seriously pissed off Dani and at this moment it's more of a seriously pissed off Dani."

She leans her head against her palm for less than a second before looking over at him with a small smile and speaking with less irritation. "I'm fine, really. I'm glad that things with Taylor worked out for you."

Joe smiles sincerely at her. "Thanks."

She forces a smile and stares at him for a moment but he quickly breaks the silence. "So...I'm going to need you to come by tomorrow afternoon."