Episode 58

Dani's walking down the hall when she feels a hand on her shoulder. She turns around to see Joe smiling back at her with regret. She immediately rolls her eyes before turning around and starting to walk off. Joe sighs and quickly follows after her. "I'm sorry about what I said Friday night. I was hypocritical and judgmental...and all the other words with 'al' at the end."

"Okay. Fine, you're forgiven but that doesn't mean I want to talk to you."

He continues following after her. "Aw, come on. You can't be mad at me on your birth week."

She stops in her tracks at the mention of her birthday and closes her eyes in horror.

He smirks and walks around so he is standing in front of her. "You didn't think I'd forget, did you?"

"No, but I was hoping."

"So...what are the big plans? And I better be invited."

"Hmmm...let think...how about I plan on everyone going about their normal business and being completely oblivious of the fact that Danielle Landon's birthday is December 2."

Joe groans and throws his head back. "Come on! It's the big 1-8! If you were ever going to have a birthday party it would be the eighteenth! You gotta do it, Landon!"

"Adam, I haven't had a birthday party since I was ten and believe me, that wasn't soon enough to end those horrid things."

He rolls his eyes with a smirk. "You're such a loser."

"One of my many labels." She smirks and continues walking down the hall but stops and turns back to him with serious eyes. "If you mention this Saturday to anyone I will personally cut you in your sleep."

His eyes widen with a barely noticeable smirk. "Violent."

She points at him and begins walking backwards. "I mean it!"

~~~

Mia's standing at her locker getting books out when Logan walks up to her. "Hey."

She closes her locker and turns to look at him. "Hey."

"I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, I've been pretty busy lately. Moving can take up quite a bit of your time, I've found."

He gives her a questioning look. "You're moving?"

"Well...not really, considering I practically already lived there but yeah, I'm moving in with Scar."

He nods with a small smile and raises an eyebrow. "That's good...right?"

She smiles and nods. "Yeah, I think so."

He studies her face and notices that she still has an exhausted look about her. "Have you been feeling any better?"

She gives him a confused expression. "When was I sick?"

"Well, you've been exhausted."

"Yeah, well, that's expected when you're working almost everyday after school then have to come home and do school work."

He sighs in frustration. "Why are you still working so much if you don't have to worry about paying rent anymore? And have you thought about talking to the principal like I suggested? I really think he would work with you."

She lets out a groan and tosses her head back in aggravation. "What the hell is it with you and Scarlett always trying to fix things?! The both of you act like I need help like I'm a fucking child that needs direction!" She notices the shock that had suddenly taken over Logan's face and she immediately regrets her harsh tone. She had been very short tempered lately but she never wanted to take it out on him...he was just trying to help.