Episode 53

Scarlett's sitting at a lunch table beside Jake, laughing at something he said when she looks to her right and sees Joe and Taylor. "Hey!" She points to the seat in front of her and Jake, motioning for them to sit. "Over here."

Taylor smiles over at Joe and they walk over to where Scarlett and Jake are sitting. "Hey." Joe sits down beside Taylor, in front of Jake.

"Hey guys." Scarlett says before turning to Jake and begins introducing them, realizing they probably haven't officially met each other yet. "Oh, Jake, Joe, Joe, Jake."

Joe nods and points at Jake with a smirk. "Pool dude, right?"

Jake snickers and nods. "Yeah, I guess that's something I'll probably never live down."

"Nope, I seriously doubt it." Joe snickers lightly and takes a sip of his drink as his eyes slowly focus in on Dani who is searching for a place to sit. He smiles and pats the seat beside him. "Landon!" Dani stands still for a moment, looking from him to Taylor and forcing a small smile. Scarlett notices Dani's hesitation and feels sympathy for her situation.

She takes a deep breath and turns, walking over to their table and sits down beside Joe. "Hey."

Scarlett smiles at her comfortingly. "Hey, Dani." Dani shows a small smile at Scarlett and her eyes wander over to Jake. Once again, Scarlett takes up her role as the greeter. "Oh, Jake, Dani; Dani, Jake."

Dani nods with a small smirk. "Pool dude."

Joe laughs and holds his hand up for Dani to high five. "Exactly!" Jake and the rest of the table chuckle at the two of them.

Taylor smiles and leans forward, looking past Joe to Dani. "So, did you guys have fun yesterday?"

Joe looks from Dani to Taylor, answering her question. "We didn't get to hang out yesterday, Tay."

Taylor looks at Joe with confusion. "Why not? I thought you guys were going to the movies or something."

"Dani had a prior engagement..." He looks back at her with a displeased expression. "...didn't you Dani?"

She rolls her eyes at his condescending tone. "Just drop it, Joe." She says pointedly, purposely using his first name just like he had done to her.

Taylor shows a small frown. "Aw, that's too bad. What was the oh so important prior engagement?" She smiles in curiosity and complete oblivion.

Dani's eyes widen slightly and she thinks, this girl just can't take a hint.

Joe answers Taylor without a second thought, irritation highly evident on his tongue. "She was tutoring Nick."

Scarlett's eyes widen and she spits out the soda that was in her mouth, making it spew all over the area in between her and Taylor. "What?!"

A few drops of Scarlett's spit/soda land on Taylor's arm and she wipes it off with a disgusted look. "Ew."

She looks over at Dani with wide eyes. "You're what?!"

Her eyes widen at Scarlett's reaction but she quickly shrugs and plays it off. "I'm just tutoring him. You guys act like I'm shipping off to 'Nam."

Scarlett continues starring at her with wide eyes and shakes her head. "No, no, because getting shot in the leg would be far better than getting mixed up with Dick Jerry! Why would you agree to tutor him?!"

Jake jumps into the conversation with a quick comment. "Just don't agree to tutor him around any pools...or duct tape."

Dani and everyone else give Jake a strange look before looking back at Scarlett. "Okay, first of all, I'm not getting 'mixed up' with Nick and second of all...it's not a big deal."