Episode 14

Logan smiles back at Mia. "Hey, sorry I'm a little early."

She glances back inside the apartment quickly before turning back to Logan with a worried expression. "H-how did you get up here?"

"Oh, there was a pizza guy delivering, he let me in and I saw Stewart on one of the name plates with your apartment number." He notices her agitated and nervous behavior. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." She shows a small smile. "Just...ready to go. Let me, uh, let me get my concert ticket and I'll be right out."

Logan nods as Julie walks out from the back of the apartment. "Is that my customer?" She asks while walking over to the door.

Mia shuts her eyes in horror and turns to her sister. "No, it's not."

"Who is this?" Julie asks before looking over at Mia's horrified expression.

She wants so badly to tell Julie off but she knows she needs to convince Logan everything's normal. "Julie, this is Logan. Logan, this is Julie my....sister."

Julie smiles and turns to her sister. "You little bitchy hypocrite."

Logan's expression turns to shock at Julie's comment.

"Okay, time to go." Mia quickly grabs her ticket off the side table before taking Logan's arm and pulling him down the hall.

Julie shouts out the door after them. "Use protection!"

Mia shakes her head and buries her head in her hands as they continue to walk down the hall. "I am so sorry."

"So...what was that all about?"

"That was my sister."

"Bad day?"

"No, that was her on a good day."

His eyes widen. "Wow."

She sighs and nods. "Tell me about it."

"So...um, you live with your sister? What happened to-"

"-they died. Three years ago in a car wreck." Mia answers his question before he can ask. 

He looks over at her with sympathy. "I'm sorry."

She shows a small smile, hiding her sadness. "It's not your fault."

"So, I take it you don't like living with your sister?"

Mia snickers before speaking sarcastically. "Yeah, like I like getting a grenade thrown at my head."

He looks over at her with seriousness. "You have no other option?"

"Other than a group home? No."

"What about emancipation?"

"My sister would never sign the papers, I'm the only reason we're still living in that rat infested apartment. Without my job at the coffee shop we would be out on the streets."

"She doesn't have a job?"

Mia takes a minute before answering. "Yeah. It's just not very...reliable."

"She works off of commission?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Logan walks up to a medium sized motorcycle and hands Mia a helmet. "Hope you don't mind helmet hair."

She chuckles and begins putting on the helmet. "Don't worry, you're not on a date with Chelsea."

"Thank God." He laughs before putting on his helmet and getting on his motorcycle. She laughs along with him before swinging her leg over and sitting behind him on the motorcycle. Logan looks over his shoulder with a smirk. "So, does that mean I'm on a date with you?"