Season 2 Premiere

Scarlett sees Jake standing at his locker gathering books and walks up to him with heavy eyes before speaking. "Hey."

He looks over at her with a smirk. "Wow, I don't think I’ve ever seen you so...un-peppy."

She leans against the locker beside Jake's. "Party planning really takes a lot out of a person. Did you know that picking up cups and dirty plates is just the first thing in a long list of after party clean up to-do's."

He closes his locker and looks at Selena with an intrigued expression.

She begins counting the things on her fingers with a bewildered expression. "There's scrubbing floors, there's moving furniture back to its original position, there's wiping down windows and anything glass that may collect finger prints and of course the very popular...cleaning puke out of flower pots."

He chuckles, giving her an apologetic expression.

She gives him a serious look mixed with a small smirk. "It's not funny!"

He smiles and moves closer, putting his hands on her arms and giving her a look on sincerity. "Why didn't you call me? I would've come over Sunday and helped out."

She shakes her head. "Nope, I was allowed no help. My parents sat around and watched in amusement as I cleaned up the mess from the party I begged them to let me throw. That was the deal...I can have a party as long as everything gets put back in it's rightful place...and nobody ends up naked on the roof."

He snickers and wraps his arms around her from the side. "I’m sorry."

She shrugs and pulls away, looking up at him with a smile. "It was worth it. Dani seemed happy and it's not often you see a smile on that girls face."

He smiles and puts his arm around her shoulder. "That's my Scar, always making sure everyone else is happy...even if it means she has to clean puke out of flower pots." He smirks down at her as they walk down the hall.

~~~ 

Logan passes by the library and sees Mia sitting at a table, with her head down on a book. He walks in and sits down beside her, gently rubbing her arm to wake her. He leans down and whispers in her ear. "Mia? Amelia..."

She slowly begins to open her eyes and lifts her head, looking over at Logan with a glare. "Stop calling me that." She looks around, wondering where she is and shakes her head, trying to get back to reality.

He stares at her with disappointment.

She rolls her eyes and closes her book, putting it back in her bag and talking to him softly so they don't get in trouble. "Don't give me that look. I don't need any more lectures or looks of disappointment." She stands up and walks towards the library exit.

He stands up and follows after her. "I thought things were going to get better, Mia."

She continues walking at a fast pace and doesn't bother looking at him when she speaks. "And things will but right now I have to work the hours I’ve already agreed to work at the coffee house. I can't just take back the hours I signed up for. I have to work them and then in a few weeks when I’ve finished up, everything will go back to normal."

"You know, I’m starting to wonder if I ever knew normal."

She stops and turns to him with a small smile. "Don't worry, Logan, I’m fine...just a little more tired than normal."

He stares at her, still not beliving the front she was putting up.

She smiles and nods, reassuringly. "I’m fine...really." She turns and walks down the hall, leaving Logan completely unconvinced of her claim to be 'just fine'.