Episode 21

Scarlett nods and lowers her head. "I did. I slept with Nick freshman year."

Logan points back to the school entrance. "I'll leave you two to talk." He turns and walks into the school, giving Mia and Scarlett time to talk.

Mia focuses her attention back on Scarlett. "Why didn't you tell me?"

She shrugs and wipes a few tears from her cheeks. "We weren't exactly 'best friends' back then and it was so long ago...I just thought I had put it behind me. We dated about a year before it happened, I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of it."

"You were fifteen." Mia points out softly as if that's the answer to everything and shrugs with a sympathetic expression. "I just wish you would've trusted me enough to tell me."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just wanted to forget about freshman year."

"Well, I have a feeling that's going to be kind of hard to do now."

Something comes to Scarlett and her expression suddenly turns to panic. "Oh no, Jake." She looks up at Mia with urgency.

"Come on, I'll help you find him." Mia says immediately before turning to rush back inside the school with Scarlett following close behind.

~~~

Taylor enters the cafeteria with determination and walks over to Nick's table. "We need to talk."

He looks up at her and motions for her to sit down.

She sits down in front of him and starts to speak but is stopped before she can get out a word.

"Yes, it's true. I slept with Scarlett freshman year. I'm sorry I never told you, I just didn't really think it was important. I mean it was so long ago and honestly, I barely remember it." He leans closer to her with an arrogant smirk as she sits back and takes everything in.

"You slept with Scarlett Westerly?"

He looks at her stunned expression and realizes she had no clue. "That's not what you wanted to talk to me about, was it?"

"No. But you know what?" She smiles at him angrily. "Just forget it, it wasn't important anyways." She stands up and starts to walk off but stops and smirks before turning back to him and grabbing his carton of milk. She dumps it over his head with a satisfied smirk as it drips down his face. "That was for Scarlett because I'm sure she wishes she could have done that herself." She releases the carton of milk and watches as it hits his head and lands on the table. She smirks and turns to walk out of the cafeteria as everyone in the cafeteria laughs and begins whispering.

Dani's mouth drops as she watches Taylor leave the cafeteria with her head held high. She looks back over at Nick who is sitting completely still as milk runs down his face. She laughs for a moment before shaking her head with a pleased smirk.

~~~

Scarlett's running down a hallway, looking for Jake when she comes to a curve. She turns the corner without slowing down and ends up bumping into someone.

He puts both hands on either of her shoulders to steady her.

She forces a small smile when she finally looks up to see who she bumped into. "Hey!"

"Hey."

She notices he didn't smile and swallows, assuming he had already heard. "You heard?"

Jake drops his hands from her shoulders and nods once. "Yeah, I heard."

"You're mad?"

"Of course I'm mad!"

She looks down at the floor with regret and disappointment as he begins pacing back and forth. "I want to know what creep started these nasty rumors about you!" He stands in front of her and places his hands on her shoulders. "I promise, Scarlett, I'll figure out whoever started these rumors and I'll set them straight."