Episode 26

Just ten more minutes....just ten more minutes

That's what Mia kept telling herself as she continued sweeping up the coffee shop. Today was nothing but a headache and she was more than ready to head home, even if home wasn't any less of a headache. She looks up and sees Hilary walking towards her with her jacket on and purse slung over her shoulder. 

"I'm going on. Are you okay to close?" 

Mia looks over at her and nods, thinking she will do anything as long as it means she gets to leave after it's done. "Yeah, I'm good." Hilary smiles at her in appreciation and she continues sweeping up the coffee house floor.

"Oh! I put that song on your ipod, you got to listen to it later!" 

Hilary was all the time putting songs on Mia's ipod, she was like musically obbsessed. Although, Mia didn't really have any room to talk. She was exactly the same way and she guessed that's why they were such good friends and not just co-workers. Mia smiles over at her and says, "will do" before Hilary begins walking towards the door. 

After she leaves, Mia begins putting things away, she was far too ready for this day to be over. Spilling coffee, losing order slips and tripping over an old lady's walking cane was just the cherry on top of her perfect day. She was about to walk out the exit but before she does, she remembers Hilary telling her about those songs she put on her ipod and she begins pulling the ipod out of her bag and sticking the earphones in her ears. As she turns around to lock the door behind her, she could swear she sees something...or someone out of the corner of her eye but it was late and she was exhausted so her curiosity just did not get the better of her. She quickly locked the door and began walking the few blocks to her apartment. As Simple Plan began playing their song Save You in her ears, she suddenly felt a little bit brighter. Music always seemed to get her feeling better somehow. She smiled as the music filled her ears and she slowly closed her eyes, spinning once in the middle of the street. She smiled, feeling rather silly and opened her eyes to see headlights coming straight for her. 

Where did the car come from? 

The street was completely empty a mere second ago. 

They weren't slowing down. 

It was so close now, she couldn't move. 

It was like she was in shock, frozen. 

Comprehension of what was going on eluded her and she was left motionless, waiting for the unavoidable impact. 

Then all of a sudden...she feels an impact and it's as if something...

....or someone just took her breath from her.