18: Are You Still Mad?

Lucas' POV

I've been knocking for a couple of minutes now but no one's answering.

"Tine?" I asked as I put my ear on the door, trying to know what's going on inside.

"Celeste naman, hindi ka nalang nag-dala ng sus-" Alison's eyes went huge when he saw me standing in front of their door awkwardly.

"Si Tine?"

"Huh? Ewan ko, wala na rito eh. Naalala kong ginising niya 'ko kanina nagpaalam, pero hindi ko alam kung anong ginawa. Akala ko nga inaya mo kasi ang aga niya nagising eh gabi ang taping natin today, right?" Alison uttered.

Alison is the type to share a lot when she can just say she doesn't know where Celeste is. But at least I got an idea what time Celeste left.

I simply bid my goodbye and went down to look for Celeste. But to my dismay, she was nowhere to be found. She was not by the sea, not in the restaurant, and the lobby staff said he wasn't able to notice her too.

"Si Ate mo, nakita mo?" I asked Jason who's busy looking at the scenes he has to edit.

"Hindi po Ate- ay, Ate tuloy! Kuya- Hindi ko po nakita eh, halos kakababa ko lang din po. Bakit Kuya? May kailangan kayo?"

"Si Celeste," I whispered.

"Huh?"

I need her or I'll be worn out.

"Nothing, I said I was looking for Celeste. You can go back to your work, I'll look for her."

"Ahh, sige po." I saw that he was still confused but he decided to shut up instead.

I was holding a cup of tea while thinking where she could have gone, when a very familiar voice came out of nowhere.

"You like her."

I looked at the owner of the voice. I knew it was him.

"Kuya Laurence," was all I could say to greet him. "What are you doing here? I didn't know you're here," I asked.

"Nagbabakasyon lang, may taping na ulit next month eh. New drama ulit, ikaw?"

"We're on a challenge-" I didn't even finished my word yet.

"You are the director," he smiled at me. "I knew because I saw what happened the other day, I saw everything until today. So, you shrugged my statement aside. You like her," he added.

"What are you talking about?"

"Tito's daughter, our childhood friend, Miss Celestine Abrigail Lim."

"What about her?"

He bursted a chuckle. "I said you like her, Lucas."

"No, I don't."

"I wasn't asking, I was stating. You can't deny it because I see it, Lucas."

"How bold of you to assume I like Tine," I shrugged.

"And how stupid of you to deny your feelings for her, hindi deserve ni Celestine ang i-deny."

"Of course not, she deserves to be flaunted. She deserves to be loved, to be treated right. She's a lady who deserves to be taken care of, not to be denied by a guy."

"And you're telling me you don't like her?"

I was caught off guard.

"Your words do not match with your actions, Uno."

My tounge clicked. "Don't call me that."

"Pero kapag si Celestine, okay lang?"

"Oo-"