25: Jealous?

"May omelette kaya ngayon?" I asked myself while putting on my rubber shoes.

I woke up early to get a good breakfast at the canteen. I heard they added some new dishes, but I am more interested in their omelette. Its simple but that's my usual breakfast at home so I was looking forward to eat some today.

I was walking calmly down the building when I crossed some freshmen who asked a few minutes from me.

"Do you need any help?" I asked with a smile to make sure they won't get terrified of me.

Brian once told me that some freshmen were afraid of me because I was too serious. So I was trying hard to look nicer and more approachable.

They brought me outside the building where a few freshmen girls were waiting.

"Good morning po, we're sorry to interrupt your morning."

"No, it's okay. May kailangan ba kayo?"

"Uhm..." The girl whom I assume was their leader... she looks nervous, so I smiled.

"Gusto lang po sana namin kayo tanungin kung puwede po kayo ma-interview for a project? Hindi naman po ngayon, kahit mamaya po pagkatapos ng schedule niyo o kung kailan kayo free like on weekends po, kailangan din po kasi namin i-video."

"Oh, yeah. Sure, free ba kayo this Saturday? I don't think magr-rehearse kami no'n."

"Yes po! Thank you po, Kuya Lucas."

"No problem, ilan ba ang kailangan niyo?"

"Dalawa pa po sana," the other boy answered.

"Ah, ako nang bahala. You can interview your Ate Alison and Ate Celeste, I assume you know them, right?"

"S'yempre naman po, sino po bang hindi nakakakilala sa kanila?"

She's right. Who wouldn't see and know my brightest star?

"Sige, I'll go ahead. I'll bring those two with me on the interview," I bid them goodbye before leaving.

It took a few minutes before I got to the second floor where the canteen was located. There weren't too many students inside so I got a full view of the canteen as soon as I entered. That's also how I saw Brian and Celeste, talking about something that seems not so important considering that they were laughing while eating breakfast.

Celeste has her usual chocolate drink of the day and a sandwich.

That was my cue to leave and abandon my breakfast plan. But Alison was quick to drag me to another table, which left me confused.

She gave me a coffee and a cookie while she has a cucumber drink and a sandwich.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"To talk about something."

"What?" I tilted my head in curiosity.

"About them," she looked at the two, sitting a few tables away from us.

I immediately stood up. "I don't have time to talk about other people's love life," but she pulled me down.

"I know you're also confused. Brian's words doesn't match his actions towards my friend last month, but what's more confusing is the recent days."

I raised an eyebrow, curious.

"Brian's stepping up his game, I think he's not satisfied with their agreement to settle as friends."

"But he doesn't really like her," I mutttered.

"You think so too? Kasi I've been observing before pa, parang hindi naman niya gusto si Celeste. And I hate how mixed signals he is towards my sis, kung hindi lang natin kaibigan 'yan binakuran ko si Celeste!"