24: Back to Reality

LUCAS' POV

"Good morning," I greeted back at the sophomore students who walked past me.

Today is back to reality. After a whole week of rest, we're back on track.

This time, I'm expecting that everyone will be more serious. Because we'll be learning our performances for the festival season that will take place two months from now.

"Good morning," I bowed at Miss Prieto when I entered the room.

We were transferred to a bigger room, known as the practice room. This was built last year, this room is going to be exclusive for festival season performers only. There's a one big room allotted for dance practices and rehearsal, a connected smaller room for solo practices, and a normal recording room.

I know almost everything about this room. Because my brother was the main sponsor that made it possible to build this. I asked him to sponsor this room for me—or let's just say for Celeste.

"You have three minutes left," Miss Prieto reminded since there are a few students who were not here yet.

Fortunately, they came just on time so no one was punished.

"I am here to start your morning with a formal greeting. Good morning, ACA students."

"Good Morning, Miss Prieto." We all bowed to give respect.

"The remaining students inside this room are the only ones that were able to survive and show their true talent, you were able to prove that you deserve to be shown as one of the great performers of the leading arts and music university in the country. Alam kong ang iba sa inyo ay malungkot dahil natanggal ang mga kaibigan nila sa team, but that's the truth. You don't get to succeed all the time, you don't get to debut altogether. May mauuna, may mahuhuli."

Here she goes with her words of "wisdom" again, kailan ba mawawalan ng negativity si Miss Prieto?

 She has always been so negative, which I hate the most. Reality isn't just about the negativity, sometimes we just need to look at the brighter side.

"Therefore, I, Miss Venice Prieto, the head admin of Apollos' Chamber University, officially declare the start of your rehearsals for the festival season."

"Yoohoo!"

"Nice!"

"Exciting!!"

Most of the juniors reacted, they were excited, nervous, and curious at the same time. While some students who were able to experience festival season even before did not gave any reaction. Probably because we all know how hectic it's going to be.

Miss Prieto left a few more words to encourage us, which did not really worked. But at least she tried, I guess?

She also did not forgot to share them a few things about this room, she mentioned some rules that shall be applied upon using this room since its a new one. She also credited me for the room on behalf of our family.

Although I know the truth that she doesn't want to mention Kuya Laurence's name, I said "thank you" instead.

I understand her on that part. I cannot hate her for loving Kuya before, but the only thing I hate is how negative she became after that. I hate how overprotective and bitter she became after that night.

"Ate Venice?"

"L-Lucas, nandito ka pala." She wiped her tears.

"I know you're not okay, I'm sorry on behalf of my Kuya."