8- Cupid

Somewhere far away, deep underground, a young man dreams of a girl with black and white hair. For some reason, the girl called him 'brother' in his dream. He's been dreaming about her for a year now. He has no idea why. Sometimes the girl is a 6-year-old with short hair, asking him to push her swing. Sometimes she's a teenager with longer hair, singing her heart out with him. But who is she? And why does he look forward to dreaming about her every night?

Why did everything around him seem to be a lie?

Why did he long for something or someone he couldn't quite put his finger on?

Who really was he...?

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Hawks looked forward to work that day. His work-study interns would be resuming work with him, according to the E-mail sent by Eraser Head in advance. Two interns he grew fond of. He was especially eager to meet Yoshiko since it had been a few months since they met.

She was his best friend's younger sister. It was natural he felt a pull to her after Daisuke's death. The two heroes stumbled across each other in at a park, and Hawks mentioned in passing that he was looking to open his own agency. From there on, Daisuke was Hawks' first sidekick and then went on to be his first best friend.... whom he lost 6 years later. During that period, Keigo also grew closer to Yoshiko and Yoko, Daisuke's sister and mother, who treated him like family.

He heard their voice before he saw them. Yoshiko talked about something with Tokoyami while Tokoyami crossed his arms and listened to her, nodding now and then. In her hand was a paper cup of coffee, which she got on her way to the agency.

"Hello, Hawks. We meet after a long time." Tokoyami greeted Hawks.

"Tokoyami, Yoshiko." Hawks glanced behind him, sitting on the couch with a laptop and papers in front of him. He stood up and walked to the two teenagers. "Good morning."

"Hey, Keigo." Yoshiko grinned at the blonde man.

"Hello there, Yosh." Hawks patted both their heads, to which Tokoyami grumbled something.

"I wonder if you two can beat my speed now that my wings are all nice and lush." Hawks spread out his crimson wings that he spent so much time taking care of after the war. They were longer and healthier now.

"I'm sure I can," Tokoyami said, unfazed. He let dark shadow out.

"Of-fucking-course." Yoshiko snorted. "Even though you ask me to stay some distance behind you because you dont want me to fry your wings."

"Sarcastic as ever." Hawks chuckled, taking the coffee cup from here, which she just held instead of drinking.

"That was my coffee." Yoshiko deadpanned. Hawks just looked at her with golden-brown eyes and took a long and annoying sip, making Tokoyami sweatdrop.

"Well, you weren't drinking it, so I assumed you bought it for your favourite hero.~"

"Faviroute hero, my ass." Yoshiko rolled her eyes, helping herself to the couch. "You owe me coffee now. Dont think I'll forget, chicken."

"But, I'm a Hawk." Hawks winced at her 'insult'.

"Here we go again." Tokoyami sighed along with the other sidekicks.

"Anyways, are we going to patrol or what," Yoshiko asked, crossing her legs.

"We'll be patrolling," Hawks replied, thumping Tokoyami's back. Poor Tokoyami was always a victim of Hawks' and Yoshiko's back thumps. "Whether you'll be cleaning up after me depends on you two.~"