53- Beef

Red eyes fluttered open when he felt a heavy weight on top of his back. He felt a furry creature move slightly, and Bakugo immediately knew it was Bear. He grunted, propping up on one elbow to see Yoshiko blissfully asleep underneath him, her hair spread out underneath her. He laid back on top of her since Bear felt too heavy, his breath hitting her neck. He wondered how she was breathing with so much weight on top of her.

Eyes closed, he reflected on the events of last night. He was glad it was her who found him there out of all people. He wasn't very happy she had to see him crying and struggling at first, but when she cradled his face so gently and whispered words of comfort, he was okay with it. He wasn't going to pretend she did not pepper little kisses into his hair and temples. Recalling the sensation of her lips on his skin made his heart race.

He heard her grumble and opened an eye lazily. She was starting to shift uncomfortably. She mumbled something about how heavy he was, trailing away with a sleepy sigh. He held himself from laughing at her, nuzzling into her neck, feeling her pulse against his nose.

"Why are you suddenly so heavy?" She whined, opening her eyes narrowly.

"Bear's sleeping on top of me. Go back to sleep." He replied.

"What time is it?"

"Dunno."

"Why are you like this?" She fully opened her eyes now, frowning down at Bakugo. He raised his head, meeting her eyes, a smirk creeping up to his lips, "Don't frown at me first thing in the morning. You'll get wrinkles."

"Then that will be your fault." She rolled her eyes, looking to her side on the wall where the clock hung, "Ugh, we've got school."

"Mm," He brushed her bangs away from her head, eyes pausing on her cheeks splattered with stars. Would it be okay if he kissed them? She kissed his forehead last night, so he could, too, right? Without a second thought, he let his lips touch her warm cheek, lingering for a few seconds too long.

Yoshiko suddenly felt awake, her eyes widening at the feeling of his lips brushing her cheek. He smirked at her, his elbows on either side of her head, "For last night."

"Someone woke up affectionate." Her lips twisted up in a grin, her heart fluttering.

"Don't pretend like you weren't full of it last night." He rolled his eyes. She smiled at him, flicking his nose, to which he huffed.

"Forgot to ask. Why were you out here so late in the night?" He asked as she toyed with his bangs in between her index and thumb.

"Mom woke up from her coma. I guess that's why I couldn't sleep and decided to finish the drama I was watching."

"She woke up?"

"Mhm. I'm so relieved."

"Good. Now you don't have to have half ass training."

"Hey, I never half-assed training!" Yoshiko defended. Bakugo barked a laugh at the offence on her face, waking up Bear in the process. The dog got off his back, lying on the floor instead. She glared at him, trying to shift out from under him, but he decided to put his full weight on top of her again, his mouth close to her ear, "Running away so soon?"

His voice made the hair on her neck stand up. She pushed his face away, her cheeks reddening, "God, it's too early for your lame-ass flirting."

"Nah, It's not lame. If it was lame, you wouldn't be lookin' like a fuckin' tomato right now." He smirked devilishly, his thumb brushing her lower lip, his nose touching hers. He watched her look at him with half-lidded eyes. She tilted her head and leaned into him ever so slightly. He felt his heartbeat in his ears as he brought his lips closer to hers, feeling her breath on his lips.