21- Lasting Friendship

Recommended song: Infinity- by Yuuri

Triple update? Why the heck not!

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Holy shit," Yoshiko said for the millionth time as they inspected the burning house with a few police officers. It was burnt to a crisp. Even though it had been a few hours since the fire was put out, the house was still warm enough to bring sweat to their foreheads.

Yoshiko followed Hawks and Tokoyami into the garage. The car was still there, destroyed after having exploded.

"Holy sh-" She started again.

"Enough with the shits." Dark Shadow interrupted. Yoshiko rolled her eyes and walked around the car, making sure not to touch anything since the officers had asked them not to interfere with any evidence.

"If the car's still here..." Yoshiko chewed on her bottom lip, thinking of what happened to the people who lived there.

"I think so..." Hawks muttered, reading her mind. "Almost everything's been burnt into ashes and crisps... it's possible."

Yoshiko opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She felt bad for whoever lived here.

"Well, there's nothing for us to do here now," Hawks said, marching out of the garage into the deep of the night, followed by Tokoyoami and Yoshiko. "The police will inform us if they find out what happened."

"Do you think it's a homicide?" Tokoyami asked.

"It's difficult to tell," Hawks said. "It could have been because something caught on fire. But dont worry your little heads about it. We'll get to know soon."

"Our heads aren't little." Yoshiko and Tokoyami murmured. Hawks chuckled and put his hands on their heads.

"After you write your reports on the patrol, you can go home," Hawks said.

"Why, thank you." Yoshiko slapped his hand away jokingly. Hawks put his hand on his forehead dramatically, making Tokoyami mutter something about being childish.

The interns hurriedly wrote a report of their patrol, eager to get to the dorms and get some sleep. Luckily it was the weekend tomorrow, so no hero work for Tokoyami and Yoshiko. They changed into their casual clothes and waved Hawks goodbye.

When Yoshiko got to her room, she found Bear already asleep in his little bed. Yoshiko smiled and kissed his forehead. She fell into her bed, falling into something hard.

"Ow!" She heard Shinsou. Yoshiko pulled the blankets and found Shinsou holding his nose.

"Oh, Hitoshi. What are you doing here?" Yoshiko laughed, surprised to find him asleep in her room. He sleepily rubbed an eye and propped up on one elbow to face Yoshiko.

"Your mattress is comfortable." He said. Yoshiko rolled her eyes and nudged him to make some space for her. He shifted a little, making space for her.

"How was your shift," Sinsou asked, closing his eyes, voice rumbling in his chest.

"It was fine, I guess," Yoshiko replied. "We saw a house on fire, but there was no one inside."

"Oh?"

"I just hope they got out in time..." Yoshiko mumbled. Shinsou didn't reply, his breathing becoming even and soft. The idiot fell asleep.

"Stupid," Yoshiko muttered. "Good night." She put the blankets on top of them and turned her back to him, falling asleep.