45- Ruin Our Friendship

Recommended song: In The Stars- by Benson Boone

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"You're tellin' me that we've been studying photosynthesis since grade school, and you still don't know the photosynthesis equation?" Yoshiko said, giving Kirishima a deadpan. She was sitting with her friends in the common area where a couple of more students were studying. Yoshiko volunteered to help Kirishima with biology so Bakugo could tutor Mina and Kaminari in math and chemistry.

"It's not my fault the definition and equation keeps changing every year!" Kirishima whined.

"No, it doesn't." Yoshiko sighed. "Tell me the definition you remember."

"Um... the process by which plants use the sun to make food?" Kirishima scratched his cheek shyly. "Sorry."

"We're starting from scratch..." Yoshiko muttered. She eased her shoulders and smiled at Kirishima. "Don't apologise. We all have our weak subjects."

"You're so manly." Kirishima wiped a tear from his eye.

"Okay, so here's the definition of photosynthesis." She said, highlighting the definition in his textbook. "The definition you used isn't correct, and with the level we're at, we're supposed to use terms like chlorophyll, carbon dioxide, water and simple sugars." She looked up at Kirishima, listening intently. "You know what chlorophyll is, don't you?"

"Of course!" He chirped. "A green compound that gives plants their colour and helps absorb energy from the sun!"

"Good. You also gotta memorise the equation. Here, I'm highlighting it. If you know the definition, you should have no problem with the equation."

"Sweet. I think I'll memorise this first." He replied, taking the textbook from her.

Yoshiko nodded, sighing and looking across from the giant chabudai at Bakugo, cupping his cheek, eyebrows furrowed as he watched Mina solve something. Ever since she stopped denying her feelings for him, she seemed to be noticing every little detail about him. Like how he liked playing with his mechanical pencil when he was bored, how his nose crinkled when his friends made a mistake, how he pretended not to care whether they studied or not, but intervened when they made silly mistakes or expressed how the subject was too difficult for them. He was a big softie on the inside, and he did, in fact, give a fuck for his friends.

Yoshiko glanced at Kirishima again to see how he was doing with his work, freezing when she saw him give her a shit-eating grin. He caught her staring at Bakugo. "What?" She frowned.

"Oh, don't mind me. You can continue staring." He teased.

"Say that again, and I'm sending you back to Katsuki so he can beat the lessons into your head instead."

"Please don't." He muttered. Yoshiko gave him a silent glare, turning her attention to her own biology work. When Kirishima was done memorising the equation, he repeated it to her, and Yoshiko moved on to the next paragraph, which was about the importance of chloroplasts. She heard someone clear their throat and looked to her side to see Shinsou standing.

Yoshiko's nail dug into Kirishima's textbook, her eyes going cold. Shinsou scratched his head awkwardly. "Can I borrow your biology notebook?"

"No, I'm using it." She stated plainly, looking away from him and giving Kirishima a close-eyed smile before proceeding with her explanation like Shinsou had never spoken to her a second ago.

He looked down at Yoshiko with a hint of hurt. He couldn't blame her since he was true to his promise to Aoi. He hadn't spoken to her at all. But every time he passed her, he wished she'd at least look at him instead of pretending he never existed. He knew it was her way of coping, but man, it sucked being on Yoshiko's ignore list. He felt a pair of eyes on him and looked at Bakugo, who was giving him a death glare. Shinsou rolled his eyes at him and went back to Todoroki and Midoriya.