24- Rubies

Yoshiko and Tokoyami were put on guard duty at a sports stadium where a football match was ongoing.

Yoshiko stood on a flat and stable bit of metal high up, where she could see the stadium and the perimeter around it with ease. Her grey protective glasses were bought up to her head, her hair in a high bun so her hair wouldn't stick to the sweaty skin of her back. Even though it was nearing midnight, the night air was hot.

You would say Yoshiko was ecstatic to have such an amazing spot from where she could see the match from. But no. This girl hated football. Plus, she was on guard duty. How boring.

She huffed for the hundredth time that night and did a round of the perimeter from the top. Everything normal. She returned to her spot above the stadium, squatting, arms on her knees, her face leaking boredom. She spotted Tokoyami, on the other side of the stadium, across from her, watching the match intently while Dark Shadow watched over everyone. At least he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Yoshiko sighed and took her phone out of her utility pocket to check the date. Fourteenth of June. She'd turn seventeen tomorrow. She pocketed her phone again and ran her eyes over the bleachers. The sports festival was also in three days.

Yoshiko had been training with Bakugo constantly for two weeks. Bakugo and Yoshiko had started trusting each other enough that they showed each other all their special and ultimate moves. There were a few of Yoshiko's moves that Bakugo didn't have because of the difference in their quirks. The only special move Bakugo had that Yoshiko didn't was Howitzer Impact. She asked him to teach her howitzer, but he refused because 'he wanted to use it against her in the sports festival'. When she kept insisting, and he kept refusing, they broke out in a fight, which had to be broken by Kirishima and Shinsou before they began yeeting dumbells at each other.

Yoshiko felt something on the back of her neck and jumped up, heating her palm so sparks summoned. She clicked her tongue when she saw three of Hawks feathers holding a paper cup of coffee, the other teasing her nose. Yoshiko slapped the feather away and took the coffee. The radio sitting in the pocket of her ballistic vest cackled to life.

"That hurt." She heard Hawks on the other side.

"Sorry, not sorry," Yoshiko replied, taking a sip of the warm and bitterly delicious liquid.

"My feelings are hurt."

"Switch places with me, and I'll be nicer." Yoshiko rolled her eyes. She'd much rather be patrolling and beating stupid villains instead of watching this boring match.

"I got you first-class tickets, and this is the treatment I get?"

"I can't be bribed by money." Hawks chuckled at her response and wished her luck for the rest of the night.

At least she had her coffee now.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

The match finally came to an end at 2:40 AM. Yoshiko and Tokoyami stood at the exit since it was where the most pushing, pulling, and fighting happened. Hawks came to get his two interns, snickering at Yoshiko's sleepy face. Yoshiko casually kicked the hero's shins like it was nothing.

"So, how was guard duty?" Hawks asked after hoisting Yoshiko in the air by the back of her collar with a few feathers as she crossed her arms across her chest with a pout.

"It was fine," Tokoyami said.

"Fine, my ass," Yoshiko muttered.

"Well, now let's go back to the agency. After signing out, you can go ho-"