12- Thrilling

Two weeks passed in a rhythm for Yoshiko. She got used to the dorm life, to the chaotic mornings of rush and the noisy joy-filled evenings. She spent most of the nights goofing around with Shinsou, gaming, making small talk, randomly talking about deep things, sneaking out of the kitchen window to get ice cream and get back before Aizawa came to do his nightly rounds.

As for her relationship with Bakugo? Well, they started somewhat 'tolerating' each other. They stopped throwing hands over every small thing, sticking to shooting snarky comments and insults instead. They still got into detention, though, maybe not every day, but getting into detention at least twice a week had become the norm. He stopped kicking her or dragging her out of her sleep when he found her sleeping in the most random places with sunlight in the early hours of the morning. Instead, he just muttered curses at her continuing with his day like she wasn't sleeping on the sunny kitchen floor with her hair glowing gold.

Currently, she was standing in the meeting room beside Tokoyami, arms crossed across her chest, listening to Hawks lay a detailed plan in front of them, finger tracing a map of the highways. They had been informed of a drug smuggling case. The goods arrived via a cargo ship and now were in the country. They were drugs that temporarily allowed you to switch your quirks according to the pills you took. 

A crow came in through the open window and shifted back into a human. It was Rowan, Hawks' sidekick whose role was for scouting, spying and many more sneaky businesses. He had an all-black hero costume, pale skin, eyes dark as a starless night sky, with hair equally as dark. A black mask covered the lower half of his face while he was on missions.

"Rowan." Hawks said, looking at his sidekick. "Any information?"

"They've left the port," Rowan said. "I saw the packages being loaded in a fruit truck and an SUV. According to what I saw, they put the drugs inside some fruits, and the ones in the SUV were just thrown in the boot."

Rowan pointed to a highway. "The truck will leave on that highway." And then he pointed his finger at another highway on the map. "The SUV here. In the end, they both meet up at a fruit shop in the apartment complex we suspected."

"A truck carrying fruit," Hawks said, pacing the room. "Who would suspect that? But little do they know, we have eyes everywhere."

"Hawks, can I say something?" Tokoyami raised a hand.

"Go ahead."

"The apartment complex is a crowded place." He said. "We might get civilians involved if we wait for them over there..." Hawks nodded his head, motioning for him to go on. "Do you think it's a good idea to stop them at the highway itself?"

Hawks bought a knuckle to his chin, thinking about what Tokoyami said. He then snapped his fingers, grinning. "That's not a bad idea. Besides, the path the vehicles are using is usually deserted this late in the night." He faced the table, looking at all his sidekicks. "Anyone has anything to say about that?"

Everyone nodded their head, agreeing with Tokoyami's idea. It was best not to get civilians involved as the drivers were suspected to be also carrying ammo.

"Now, as for the matter of how we stop the vehicles... The work-study interns, Photonix and Tsukuyomi, will be under Rowan, going after the SUV." He pointed at two other sidekicks, "You two are with me. We're after the truck."

Hawks laid a structured plan of how they would get the vehicles to stop and confiscate the drugs. The police would also play a role in diverting the traffic once the truck and SUV got to the highway Rowan told Hawks about. From there on, they were supposed to get the said vehicles to stop without harming any of the drugs. Everyone was handed an earpiece for communication. Yoshiko put hers on, excited to have such an interesting case. 

ALWAYS || Katsuki Bakugoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें