22- Bestie Duties

After agreeing to work out together at the beach, Yoshiko and Bakugo decided to go on a jog together that morning. After she fed Bear, she changed into a white sports bra, black sports leggings and topped it off with a black zip-up. She braided her hair into Dutch braids and rushed downstairs, where Bakugo waited impatiently, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Fucking finally," Bakugo said. "If you take this long to get ready next time, I'm leaving without you."

"Yeah, yeah." Yoshiko rolled her eyes, kicking the door open and marching outside. They started jogging slowly, side by side, putting enough distance between each other to not bite each other's heads off.

They jogged out of the school as the sun slowly rose higher. They went to a park nearby. Since it was still early in the morning, it was almost deserted. The temperature rose slowly as the morning set in, causing glints of sweat to appear on the teenager's foreheads. The breeze that blew now and then felt like a blessing, cooling their bodies.

They ran past trees, and benches, falling into a beat beside each other as they ran in silence, the only sounds being the birds chirping and their feet thudding on the jogging tracks.

Bakugo's pace slowly increased, and Yoshiko tried her best to keep up with him. She managed to run by his side instead of falling back. After some time, they stopped for a breather under a tree.

Yoshiko took off her jacket, tying it around her waist, a hand on the tree as she willed her breathing to go back to normal. Bakugo uncapped his water bottle and took a long swig out of it.

"I think we should get back to the dorms," Yoshiko said, checking the time on her phone.

"Dont tell me what to do."

"Shut up, Pomeranian."

"Do you want to die?"

"If you kill me, Hitoshi will sue you."

"I'll kill him too."

"Not very plus ultra of you."

Let's just say the jog back to the dorms wasn't so peaceful.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Shinsou's eyes popped out of their sockets when he saw Yoshiko and Bakugo jogging together towards the dorms from the window. Never in a million years did he think that they'd go on a jog together and come back alive.

Their lips were moving, and Yoshiko's eyebrows were knitted in a frown. They were arguing.

He stalked into the kitchen, followed by Bear. He toasted a few slices of bread and fried an egg with it. Making breakfast for each other had become normal for Hitoshi and Yoshiko. Although all Yoshiko ever made him was Toast with jam or cereal because she was a kitchen disaster.

He could hear her from the kitchen telling Bakugo to go fuck himself, to which Bakugo yelled a string of curses at her. Bakugo stormed off to his floor while Yoshiko went looking for Bear. She found him in the kitchen under the table.

"So, how'd your run go," Shinsou asked, setting her plate on the table.

"The first bit was peaceful," Yoshiko grumbled. She muttered a thanks for the food before digging into her breakfast.

"What were you two even fighting about," Shinsou asked, sitting across from her, lazily watching her eat.

"Uh... I forgot." Yoshiko said, trying to remember why they were arguing. Shinsou rolled his eyes at her response.