39- One-sided

Makoto ran through the tunnels with a newspaper in his sweaty fist. He stopped in front of Shizuka's room and knocked. "Come in," The response was immediate. Makoto swung the door open, panting, sweat dripping on his forehead from all the running he did.

"You look like you saw a ghost," Shizuka said. He was in the process of putting on his black robes.

Makoto marched in and threw the newspaper on a little round table, some ink having faded away from his sweat. Shizuka's midnight black eyes shifted to the paper and back at Makoto.

"They found the body," Makoto explained. Shizuka immediately snatched the paper and flipped over to the news he wanted to read. He let out a cold breath and threw it back on the table. Makoto held his breath as he watched their young leader stare at the rocky floor, still as a cat. The room went silent, the only sound being the waves crashing on the tunnels around them.

Suddenly, Shizuka looked up at Makoto and smiled. "There's nothing to be worried about." He said, sitting on his creaky bed. "We made sure not to leave traces."

"That 'aint what we should be worrying about." Makoto hissed at Shizuka. "It's Kiyoshi we should be worrying about. This shit's all over the news. What if he finds out? His memories will obviously be back."

Shizuka scratched his shaggy black hair with not much worry. Sometimes, Makoto felt like he had to babysit their boss. "I still don't see a problem," Shizuka said. "We can just put him to sleep for a few days."

"Such an easy task," Makoto said, voice laced with sarcasm.

"We have the drug. Just inject him while he's still asleep." Shizuka waved his hand dismissively.

"Okay," Makoto said. His eyes ran over Shizuka's outfit. He was dressed as the reaper again. "Are you going out?"

"Yes. I could use some fresh air." Shizuka replied, getting up and walking to the dimly lit corner. He took his scythe and strapped it to his back. "Did you get the quirk switching drugs?"

"They're in the warehouse," Makoto said. "I only got us the teleportation ones 'cause we don't need any other quirks right now."

"Excellent. Also, after you put Kiyoshi to sleep, you take over his job until he wakes up."

"And what if the news is still ongoing?"

"Then put him to sleep for a while longer?" Shizuka was beside Makoto now. He patted his arm with a boyish grin. "Silly Makoto."

Makoto grimaced as he watched Shizuka walk out of his room, putting on his mask. Sometimes, the man didn't act like he was twenty-one.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Shizuka crept through the packed hospital parking lot, which was used by the staff. If he did his research right, he should find a student doctor getting into his car after a night shift. That quirkless piece of shit. His eyes darted around the parking lot, looking for a white Nissan Jeep. When he found it, he saw that the man he was looking for was already inside, busy with his phone.

Shizuka slowly walked up to the man and tapped the window with his gloved fingers. The curly-haired man looked up at Shizuka and gave him a goofy grin. He rolled the window down and put his elbow on the window. "It's too early for Halloween, dont you think?" He said, smiling. Shizuka remained silent.

"Er- so is there something you need?" He said awkwardly after Shizuka didn't reply. Still. Everything was so still. Not a leaf rustled, not a bird chirped. "Who are you?" He whispered.