51- Breaking Hearts

Holidays were unfortunately over, and here stood Yoshiko and Tokoyami, taking orders from Hawks on which routes they were to specifically patrol today. They learnt that while they were off enjoying their vacation, more quirkless people had died of mysterious reasons and slaughter. Some of them seemed to be missing after their houses were burnt down.

Yoshiko sighed, stretching arms her behind her back as she walked after Tokoyami. There seemed to be no villains around to stop, which was supposed to be good, but Yoshiko was aching for a fight. She put her hands in her pockets, silvery eyes darting around, making sure everything was alright.

The temperature was slowly starting to drop, breaking the cruel summer heat. Ever so often, a pleasant breeze would blow through her hair. It made her want to go to the beach again, even though she spent most of her days at I-island chilling on the beach when she wasn't visiting other attractions with her class.

Yoshiko and Tokoyami entered the more commercial part of Fukuoka with office buildings, skyscrapers and cafés. It was usually more busier at this time since it was break time. Yoshiko's eyes fell on a café with glass windows, stopping when she saw a man she felt she had seen somewhere before. Her eyebrows furrowed as she inspected the man with long black hair shoulder length, pulled back in a ponytail. He wore sunglasses even though he was indoors. Something about his facial shape and tanned skin was so familiar she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Photonix." Tokoyami's voice snapped her back.

"Wha- Yes?"

"Are you fancying some coffee? We could stop there if you want." Tokoyami offered. Yoshiko glanced at the café again. The man was gone.

"No... let's just patrol."

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Okay, class, today we have joint training with class B," Aizawa spoke, his voice bored and sleepy as usual. "It will be a two versus two. You'll obviously be teamed up with your assigned partners. The winning team gets ten team points. Any questions?"

"No, sensei." The class sang.

"Alright. Class B should be here in a bit."

Yoshiko put her hands in her pockets, storing energy for the match, her eyes and hair golden. It had been a while since class A had joint training with class B. They had one after the sports festival. It was a joint rescue training at USJ, which ended not so well, with Bakugo almost blasting Monoma's head off because he wouldn't stop squabbling.

Speaking of Bakugo, a lot seemed to have changed between them, especially after that in the amusement park. It was a good change, not a bad one. They still argued and wrestled like they usually did, but everything was more playful now. There was also the fact that they indirectly declared they wanted each other at the ferris wheel, so there was a certain tension between them that neither bothered mentioning.

Yoshiko's eyes shifted to the direction of class B approaching them when Kaminari ran to say his hi's and hello's. She immediately met Monoma's eyes, her lips quirking up on the side, giving Monoma flashbacks from the sports festival and scaring him. The blonde quickly looked away, trying to keep his smug expression.

Vlad King drew the lots, standing by Aizawa and All Might. Yoshiko's team was paired against team Phantom Fist- Monoma and Kendo. Bakugo came to stand with Yoshiko, bumping his fist on her head. He smirked when her silver eyes met his and rolled.

All the students watched the first match on the big screen above them, some sitting and some standing. Yoshiko had her arms crossed across her chest, watching Todoroki and Kirishima go against Tetsu Tetsu and Yosetsu Awase.