26- Victory

The day finally came. The day all the students in the hero course were anticipating. The first proper event after the war was over. U.A. Sports Festival. A festival that had replaced the Olympics in Japan, where students participated in games and showed off their talents to the world and heroes watching.

In the class 1-A waiting room, students nervously waited for their call to step out into the green field, where all eyes would be on the participants. Some paced back and forth, some muttered to themselves in a corner, some tried to wash the anxiety away by conversing loudly, and some remained seated calmly on the chairs.

And then there was Yoshiko, standing by the window, eyes closed, arms on the window sill, letting her glowing hair store energy from the sun. One might think she was mental to be so calm and composed, basking in the sun like the event would be a walk in the park. But the truth was she was nervous, even though she was confident she'd do just fine. And in her head, she screamed-

'My name is Akimitsu Yoshiko, and I will not be afraid.'

'My name is Akimi-'

"Yer a fuckin' solar panel." She heard Bakugo's voice behind her. Her eyes snapped open, and she glanced behind her shoulder with a smirk. "Tell me something I dont know."

Bakugo rolled his eyes and stood beside her, looking out of the window. Yoshiko was studying his side profile for signs of nervousness. He scrunched his nose, still looking out. Yoshiko turned her gaze in the direction he made a face and smirked to see Shinsou and Aoi making out by a pillar, thinking no one would see them.

"Do they have to make out over there of all places?" Bakugo said in distaste.

"I'll ask them to make out in your room next time," Yoshiko said sarcastically, looking away from the couple before the kiss got too steamy.

"Haha." He said flatly. He took a look at her eyes and hair glowing golden. "Are you storing energy or some shit?"

"Yeah."

"You're still going to lose to me."

"I'd like to see what you have to say about in the end, blasty." She said, moving her leg to kick his shins. He backed away with ease, predicting her movement. Yoshiko clicked her tongue. Before Bakugo could open his mouth to say something, Iida yelled something about the sports festival about to start.

Yoshiko's hair stopped glowing as she bent down and tied the laces of her high boots. Her nervousness was replaced with excitement, and she rocked back and forth on her feet. When Shinsou came into the room, she left Bakugo's side and went to her friend. 

Bakugo's back leaned on the wall. He put his hands in his pockets and watched her excitedly converse with Shinsou. He noticed that she was still wearing the ring he got for her birthday. Maybe she forgot to remove it.

Suddenly, Present Mic's voice boomed throughout the campus, followed by U.A.'s theme song. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, THE FESTIVAL YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR-- U.A'S SPORTS FESTIVAL IS FINALLY HERE!" The class heard the audience cheer. "SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, ARE YOU READY?!" The audience screamed a loud 'yes'.

"NOW THEN, HERE COME THE SECOND YEARS!" Present Mic exclaimed.

Yoshiko stepped out into the sun with the rest of her classmates as the other classes came out from tunnels around the stadium. The audience cheered and clapped. Yoshiko looked around with a smile whilst biting her lip, the only sign she might be feeling nervous, too. Shinsou bonked her head, stopping her from biting on her lip too hard.