54- Fucked Up

Kenzo wiped beads of sweat from his forehead. He was adding some modifications to Iida's armour-like boots. He had to say he was impressed by how heavy they were. His overall hero costume was heavy, somewhat resembling an armour. Only a person built like a tank could wear it around like it was nothing.

"Ey, Ken, we're going out for a break." His friend Tatsuya waved at him from the door, "Class A is having hero training. We're gonna go watch 'em."

"Coming," Kenzo stood up, wiping his greasy hands with a cloth, unaware of some of the black grease on his cheek. Hands in pockets, he followed Tatsuya outside. He sighed when they kept on walking. How huge was this school?

At last, they arrived at the P.E. ground where a mustard blond-haired boy and a girl with short purple hair were sparring. He stood behind his peers, watching them fight. The girl swung her leg at him, to which he yelled, moving aside. From what he could see, neither of them were good at close combat. Last night at class A dorms, he was introduced to everyone's quirks. Kaminari and Jirou were not good at close combat, given their quirks were mostly for long-range opponents. He did not get a chance to talk to Yoshiko last night since she packed a small bag and left for her mother's place along with Bear.

His eyes shifted to students crowded a little distance away from the makeshift fighting ring. He immediately found her standing with Kirishima and Bakugo, making fun of the latter over something. His nails dug into his fist. He hadn't got to talk to her at all, but whenever he looked at her, she was always hanging out with that spiky blonde. He could tell they had something going on.

It wouldn't harm to go try to talk to her now, would it? Not like it was her turn to spar yet. He abandoned his spot beside his friend and walked up to her, waving, "Hey, Yoshi." She stopped smiling, her shoulders stiffening. Uninviting silver eyes shifted to him, her lips pressed in a straight line.

"What now?" She grimaced. Bakugo and Kirishima fell silent, watching Kenzo and Yoshiko interact.

"Nothing. Just came to say hi. Are you done sparring?" He smiled, trying to get her to open up to him.

"Does it look like I am?" She scoffed.

"I'm excited to watch you spar. I remember watching you fight the punching bag back then. It was fun." He referred to the times when he would come over to Yoshiko's house and sit in their gym, watching her show off her skills to him. She'd go on a ramble, explaining her new moves and techniques.

"Woah, you guys know each other?!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Mhm. I'm her ex." Kenzo glanced at Yoshiko, who was now glaring at him.

"Ah..." Kirishima's eyes shifted to Yoshiko and then to Bakugo. Both looked like they were going to murder Kenzo.

"Anyway, who're you sparring with?" He asked sweetly.

"With me," Bakugo's raspy voice caught his attention, the slightly shorter male glowering at him.

"Hm." Kenzo dismissed Bakugo as if he never heard him, looking at Yoshiko again, "Does sparring with your boyfriend make you feel bad?"

"He's not my boyfriend." Yoshiko frowned at him.

So it's just a situationship, Kenzo thought.

"I see." He smirked.

"Team Explosion murder," Aizawa called, "It's your turn."

Yoshiko walked past Kenzo, not bothering to spare him another glance. Bakugo followed her, purposely hitting Kenzo's shoulder with his. Kenzo looked to his side where Kirishima once stood. The redhead disappeared. He looked around to see him standing with a boy with jet-black hair. Ah, so he isn't really fond of me either. Expected.