13- Mystery

Yoshiko was physically present in the class, pretending to listen to whatever Aizawa was telling the class about. Mentally, she was thinking about the new novel she was reading, daydreaming about her new favourite character, who's a warrior elf with broad shoulders, toned arms, long flowy silver hair and-

"Akimitsu," Aizawa said for the fifth time. Yoshiko blinked at her teacher, realising she'd zoned out. "Pay attention. Did you even listen to what I said?"

"Uh... you asked me to pay attention?" Yoshiko laughed nervously, earning a snort from Bakugo behind her. She held herself from glancing back and flipping him off. Aizawa inhaled through his nose slowly, clearly annoyed.

"Pay attention. I won't say it again." He said. "I was saying the sports festival is coming soon, in about two months. I suggest you train with your assigned partners and prepare yourselves mentally and physically. Once again, you should train with your assigned partners. I put you in duos for a reason." Aizawa gave Yoshiko and Bakugo a glance, to which Bakugo clicked his tongue.

Yoshiko was excited after hearing about the sports festival. She watched it every year, save for the last one since she was busy with mid-term exams at that time. So knowing that she had a chance to show off her skills lit a fire inside her.

After classes ended, everyone gathered together, discussing the sports festival from last year. Yoshiko sat on Shinsou's desk, listening to everyone's conversation with great interest.

"So, who won?" Yoshiko asked Shinsou. She remembered him telling her that some angry blonde guy won, but it slipped her mind that it was Bakugo he was talking about.

"I fucking did," Bakugo replied, leaning on Kirishima's desk, sporting a grin full of pride. Yoshiko raised her eyebrows at him. Oh right. He's the 'feral guy' Hitoshi told me about last year.

"What, shocked?" Bakugo smirked.

"Oh, nothing. Just forgot that Toshi told me some feral blonde won the sports festival last year." Yoshiko said, a teasing smile dancing on her lips. She knew that nickname would get a reaction out of him.

"And I'm gonna fuckin' win again." Bakugo snarled at her, taking a step closer. Yoshiko jumped off Shinsou's desk. Shinsou ran a hand down his face, hoping she wouldn't start a new world war right there and then.

"Sorry to break that little dream of yours." She walked towards him with a confident gait and stopped in front of him, tilting her head challengingly. "But the stage is mine, this time."

"Dont get so cocky, bitch." Bakugo sneered. He looked down at that wide grin of hers, canines on display. Despite the threat in his eyes, her grin didnt waver.

"You know what? Aizawa sensei told us to train together." She cracked her knuckles. "How about I beat your ass in training?"

Kirishima noticed the way she so effortlessly lit competition in him. He wouldn't agree to train if she just went, 'Hey, Bakugo, let's train.' She knew how to word her sentences to get him into agreeing to train with her. And that was through competition. Or maybe she loved competitions just as much as Bakugo did.

"Bring it on." Bakugo cocked his head with new-filled determination. "I'm going to be the one to beat your ass."

"Meet me outside the dorms after you're done eating." She said, with a smirk, turning on her heels to go back to Shinsou.

Bakugo's gaze followed her as she went back to the lavender head's desk. She helped him gather his things and genuinely smiled at him when he said something. He found it weird. Like she was the opposite of him, a friendly, sweet girl when at the same time she could make your life living hell. Just like him.