32- Weapon

Yoshiko's eyes snapped open. She abruptly sat up, wincing in pain when she moved her arm. She looked down to see that her right arm was in a cast. She felt a bandage wrapped around her head and torso. Her mother came rushing to the bed, concern written all over her face.

"You're awake! Do you have any idea how reckless the move you pulled was?!" Yoko scolded. "Not only did you put Bakugo in danger, but also yourself! And you!" Yoko turned and pointed a finger at Bakugo, who was blankly watching Yoko scold her daughter. "You were also just as reckless!"

Bakugo and Yoshiko both gave sour looks to Yoko. Yoko sighed and called for Recovery Girl. Recovery Girl gave them another lecture whilst examining their injuries again. Bakugo had also broken his left arm and had injuries on his torso like Yoshiko. She smacked Bakugo's head and hopped off her chair to go and tell Aizawa they could start the awarding ceremony.

"Mama?" Yoshiko said, looking down at her feet.

"Hm?"

"Who won?" She asked.

A smile crept up to Yoko's face. "You both got first place." She replied. "The teachers decided that when you two were out cold since we can't hold another match to your injuries. Congrats, Yoshi." She kissed Yoshiko's forehead and then looked at Bakugo. "You too, Bakugo."

"Whatever." He muttered, not pleased with the situation.

Yoko smiled at the grumpy teenagers and left the infirmary to go back to the bleachers.

Bakugo and Yoshiko made eye contact for a few seconds before looking away. Yoshiko clenched her trousers with her free hand. Would she ever beat him? She tried her utmost best. And yet she was tied head to head with him.

Bakugo felt the same. He looked up at her to see her eyebrows knitted deep in thought. Her bottom lip trembled. Bakugo was in love with winning. And so was the black and white-haired girl a bed across from him.

"The fuck you sulkin' for?" Bakugo said.

"Don't pretend like you're happy with both of us getting first place." She said, not looking up.

"I'm not."

"It's weird." She said, her moon-like eyes shifted to his face. "It's weird that I hate you for having a quirk like mine. I also hate that you and I are equals in strength." She got off the bed, taking a few steps towards him. "But a part of me likes this. The thought of being friends with someone similar to me is thrilling."

Bakugo opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

With her uncasted hand, she formed a fist and held it out for him. "There's nothing we can do about this for now. But three months from now, let's fight like this again so that we can settle the score."

Bakugo smirked devilishly, looking up at her shit-eating grin. He bumped his free fist with hers. "I'm gonna accept this for now." He said. "Three months from now, I'm gonna beat your ass once in for all."

"Akimitsu, Bakugo." Aizawa popped his head into the infirmary to see the two fist-bumping. Did they seriously injure their heads?

"Yes, sensei?" Yoshiko asked, retracting her hand.

"Let's go to the podium." He said. Bakugo got out of bed and followed Yoshiko and Aizawa. He watched Yoshiko's ponytail bob as she walked.

He wanted to tell her that being friends with someone similar to him was thrilling for him as well. But he'd never say it out loud.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Kacchan, Akimitsu-san! Are you guys okay?" Midoriya asked worriedly, sitting on the second-place podium.