62- His Yoshiko

Makoto thanked God he had a few extra quirk-switching pills in his pocket. He was also glad he chose to keep the pills that switched your quirk into a teleportation one because Kiyoshi's condition seemed to be worsening with every passing second.

The man lay on the sand, pounding his fist into the ground as he screamed in agony, wisps of fire dancing around his body. Makoto cursed himself for letting him come along when he went out to kidnap the girl. He and Shizuka had assumed Kiyoshi would be fine just because he'd seen her on paper and television several times. He didn't have any reaction then.

Kiyoshi held his head in his hands, thrashing in the sand. It was all because he looked into that stupid girl's eyes. Was it a part of her quirk? Giving people headaches that descended from the depths of hell? But she was also screaming in pain and holding her head. What was that about?

He didn't get a chance to ponder over it when wave after wave of agony drilled his head. He soon passed out, with the pain and his quirk stabilising.

Makoto rushed towards Kiyoshi once it was safe to approach him as tendrils of flame no longer danced on his body. He checked for his pulse and sighed in relief when he felt throbbing against his fingers.

Makoto sat on the sand beside the unconscious man, wondering what to do now. Kiyoshi went well past six feet. It wasn't going to be easy carrying him, so he waited until he woke up again to take him back to Shizuka.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

The only explanation Makoto and Shizuka offered Kiyoshi was that what happened was a part of Akimitsu's quirk. When he snapped back and told the men she had a similar reaction, they told him it was because 'there's a limit to how much you can use your quirk till your body breaks down'. It was bullcrap he didn't buy.

Kiyoshi retreated to his room, lying on his bed as he listened to the waves crashing around him. This deep underground, it easily got cold. He pulled the thick blanket with wool on the inside over his body, putting his hands behind his head.

He thought about her eyes again. He'd seen them so many times on TV, so why was he so bothered by it now? He tried pushing the question away just like he had pushed a million unanswered questions. What was the point of searching for answers when he'd never find them?

Restless, he got up to take a piss, glancing in the mirror once he was done as he washed his hand. He glared at his own reflection, freezing when he realised something. The girl's eyes were the same exact shade as his. A metallic grey, more on the silvery side. His hand traced his cheek where lay a few specks of brown, not as many as she had.

His breathing shallowed, his grip around the sink tightening. These features were common. Having an unusual eye colour was nothing special.

But the similarities scared him because the girl he was supposed to be kidnapping looked scarily alike to the man he saw in the mirror.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Yoshiko and Bakugo arrived pretty late to the dorms. They were accompanied by Aizawa, who had been called to the police station when the two showed up there to report the incident. Yoshiko felt almost bad when Aizawa entered the station with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. She wondered if he had any idea he knew he was wearing a mismatched pair of slippers. Just how fast did he drive here?

After briefly explaining the situation at the station, the two were asked to come again after school so they could be interviewed separately. In the car, Yoshiko left a text to her mother, not wanting to wake her up with a call since it was late in the night.