25- Seventeen

Yoshiko sat between the two graves, playing with a thorny rose stem from the white roses she bought. Surely, Daisuke wouldn't mind if she borrowed a stem out of boredom. Absentmindedly, she pressed her thumb onto a thorn.

"Ow-" She threw the rose back onto the grave and wiped the blood with a tissue. Bear sniffed at her hand and looked up at her with big concerned eyes. "I'm fine, Bear." She patted the dog's head.

Once the bleeding stopped, Yoshiko took her phone out of her pocket and launched the news app. "Let's see what the world's up to while both of your asses are busy being dead," Yoshiko said. "Global warming is bussin'. The number fifteen hero in America got arrested for being involved in drug smuggling. Some random singer I never heard of just retired. A few houses in Musutafu, Japan, burnt down for mysterious reasons. I was there yesterday when a house burnt, by the way." She put the phone back in her pocket. "Oh, and I'm seventeen now."

Bear barked once at the end of her speech. At least someone was listening.

She got up and dusted her grey cargo pants. She took Bear's leash and walked out of the graveyard. Next stop, visit Mom and Saori. Yoshiko strutted into the neighbourhood she grew up in. Bear seemed to be excited after recognising the familiar surroundings. A squirrel caught Bear's eye, and Yoshiko firmly planted her feet on the ground.

"Bear, you're not running after it," Yoshiko warned. Bear looked back at Yoshiko. She could swear Bear had a smug look on his face. Bear took off, running after the squirrel, and Yoshiko fell face-first onto the ground, still holding his leash. He ran out of her grip and after the poor creature.

"BEAR!" Yoshiko exclaimed, running after her dog. He chased the squirrel into someone's lawn, up a tree. No good. It was the annoying old lady's lawn. The one that had beef with Yoshiko's mom and Bear for no reason. The old hag was frightened of Bear even though he was such a sweet dog.

"Bear, get back here!" Yoshiko exclaimed, not crossing the fence. Bear paid her no heed and continued barking at the tree. The old lady came out of her house, her eyes landing on Bear.

"Get yer damn mutt off my lawn!" She screamed, waving her cane.

"Chill your tits!" Yoshiko yelled back, crossing the fence and taking Bear's leash. "He's not a mutt! He's such a sweet dog."

"Sweet dog, my arse!" Yoshiko could swear the old lady was shaking. "He looks like he'll eat your bones clean."

"He only does that if I ask him to," Yoshiko smirked devilishly at the old lady, scaring the poor lady even further. Trolling her was Yoshiko's favourite pastime hobby.

"YOUR MOTHER HASN'T TAUGHT YOU ANY RESPECT, HAS SHE?!" She yelled at Yoshiko. Yoshiko yawned, pretending she heard nothing. Two houses next door was Yoshiko's house from where Saori emerged, having heard Bear barking.

"Yoshiko-chan? What are you doing there." Saori asked, walking towards her.

"Just convincing the old woman to come and pet Bear."

"I'm sorry about the two." Saori slightly bowed for the old lady. She took Yoshiko's arm and turned around, the old lady muttering curses after them.

"What on earth were you doing on her lawn?"

"Bear chased a squirrel onto her lawn," Yoshiko replied as Saori steered her into their house.

"Really, Yoshiko-chan? Dont you know how much trouble she'll make for Yoko-sama now?" Saori scolded. Yoshiko just playfully smirked at her in response. Saori sighed and hugged Yoshiko, who stood an inch taller than her.