17- Supportive Friend

Yoshiko scratched her bedhead as she stumbled into the kitchen, half asleep. She walked towards a green cabinet and opened it, lazily taking a box of cereal from inside. She heard a dog bark, and her head turned towards the direction of the noise. She stared at Bear eating from his bowl and Shinsou pouring water into another bowl.

Shinsou felt a pair of eyes on him and turned around to see Yoshiko stare at him lazily, her bedhead going wild. The sight made him want to burst out laughing. It was like she was still asleep with her eyes open. He walked up to her as she still stared at the place where he once stood. He flicked her forehead, bringing her back to her senses.

Her eyes snapped at him, and she angrily rubbed her forehead. "Why the heck?"

"You could have slept some more, idiot. It's Saturday." Shinsou took the box from her and poured her cereal into a bowl, adding milk to it. He pushed the bowl towards her, and she took it to the table, shoving spoonfuls into her mouth. While she ate, Shinsou made them both coffee. He took the mugs and sat beside her.

"Thanks." She mumbled, taking the mug and blowing over it, taking a sip. They ate in silence as Yoshiko and Bear ate while Shinsou drank his coffee.

"Aren't you supposed to be hero-ing with Eraser?" Yoshiko asked, realising her friend was home on a Saturday. Shinsou shrugged.

"He said he's got some important stuff to do." Shinsou threw his arm behind the chair, manspreading. "So I got a free Saturday."

"Oh, goodie."

"And... I have something to tell you." Yoshiko raised a brow at him. "So last night, I was talking to Aoi." As soon as he said it, Yoshiko smiled smugly, making Shinsou roll her eyes. "And I asked her if she wanted to go to the mall with me."

Yoshiko's spoon fell out of her mouth, splashing into the milk, her mouth hanging open. "Oh my god! So you finally asked her out! I'm so proud of you-"

"I wasn't done." Shinsou interrupted. "I didn't ask her on a date... I told her I was going out with friends and asked her if she wanted to join." Yoshiko's lips formed an O, and her silver eyes bore into him, silently asking him to grow a pair of balls.

"So come with me."

"No, go by yourself. I dont wanna ruin your date."

"It's not a damn date!"

"You won't be able to kiss when I'm around so-"

"Yoshiko!" Shinsou half-whispered as Todoroki came into the kitchen. Yoshiko rolled her eyes and fished her spoon out of the bowl.

Todoroki glanced at the pair, who were now whispering something at each other he couldn't make out. His eyes lingered on Yoshiko and her wild bedhead as she took a spoon out of her milk from the bowl. He turned his gaze away and continued making breakfast.

"Either way, I'm not coming."

"Ugh, please, Yosh. I'll buy you honey pretzels. I need you for backup... not that I'm going to do anything yet." Yoshiko pursed her lips, calculating her answer. She studied Shinsou's blank face, eyes almost pleading. She didn't want to go with him because she knew the two wouldn't be able to bond much if she was around. And secondly... she'd be third wheeling for obvious reasons. Yoshiko sighed.

"Fine. But I'm bringing someone with me."

"Who?"

"I dunno. Anyone. I dont want to third-wheel."

"You won't third-"

"I'm bringing someone, or I'm not going," Yoshiko said firmly.

"Okay, fine." He smiled at her. "Thanks."