27- We Won

Forty-two students had made it to the next round. They were sitting on buses, eating snacks provided by a teacher. Yoshiko sat beside Shinsou, eating a granola bar and storing energy. Kaminari, Mina and Uraraka were talking excitedly, guessing what the next game might be.

Cheers greeted them as they walked back into the stadium, in front of the stage where All Might stood. "AND HERE ARE OUR QUALIFIERS FROM THE LAST GAME! BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR OUR QUALIFIERS!" Clapping surrounded them with a few wolf whistles. "TO THOSE WHO DIDNT MAKE IT, THERE WILL BE RECREATIONAL GAMES YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN AFTER THIS GAME!! NOW THEN, I WONDER WHAT THE NEXT GAME IS?!"

All Might clicked a button on the remote, and the wheel on the screen spun, making the students hold their breath with eagerness. It stopped on the 'Relay race.'

"RELAY RACE!!" Present Mic yelled. "NOW THATS A FUN GAME!"

"I'm going to explain the game." All Might said. "There are forty-two of you. You will form teams of three. Each team will be given a baton of a different colour. You will be racing around the perimeter of the stadium where your teammates will be stationed at an equal distance away from each other. That's it. Any questions?"

"Okay, then. You have ten minutes to form teams."

There was a bit of shuffling and chattering, and the participants formed teams. A few stared at Yoshiko, watching her as if she'd picked one of them to be on her team. She came first in the last game, so it was expected.

"So I guess we're on a team?" Shinsou said from beside her.

"Of course." She said, silvery eyes scanning the students. "We should pick someone fast."

"Yeah." He replied, running his eyes over the students.

"I think Bakugo would be a good choice." She said.

"Ye- HUH?" Shinsou tore his eyes at her. She was picking Bakugo to be in her team? Bakugo, whom she complained annoyed her? Sometimes Yoshiko made him choke on air.

"I mean... explosions are crazy fast. So I think we'd win easily."

"You're saying that like he's going to sprout flowers from his head and join you." Shinsou rolled his eyes.

"Psshhh-" Yoshiko laughed at the thought of Bakugo sprouting flowers and beaming with joy. "I'm gonna go ask him."

"You just love listening to him yell," Shinsou muttered after her. Yoshiko took Shinsou's hand and walked over to the ash blonde who was drinking water. Kirishima seemed to have gone to find another teammate. This was her chance to steal him.

"Hey, Pomie!" Yoshiko exclaimed, slapping his back, making him cough on water. "Oops."

"Oops, my ass!" Bakugo yelled, wiping his mouth whilst glaring at her. "Whaddya want?!"

"Join our team." Yoshiko blurted out.

"Hah? As if I'd join your team! Besides, who is our? You and Eye bags?"

"You're underestimating us." Shinsou scowled.

"Bakugo, you want to win, dont you?" Yoshiko said, stepping in front of Shinsou before he said something that would piss Bakugo off.