65-Rest Day

Yoshiko and Shinsou looked up from their homework to see Bakugo sitting on the gaming chair, muttering curses under his breath as he rolled his shoulders, staring at his notebook on the desk. Yoshiko sighed, putting her pen down, her eyes concerned for him. He'd been complaining about muscle aches and pain in his shoulder for a few days.

"What's wrong with him?" Shinsou asked, making Bakugo glare at him. The three were sitting in Yoshiko's room and studying. It took some time for Bakugo to start tolerating Shinsou, but that didn't stop him from throwing a few snarky and mean comments here and there.

"Muscle aches," Yoshiko replied. She knew how sore he was feeling due to the nature of their quirks. It led Yoshiko to stock up on muscle pain relief gels and take warm baths every night.

"Just give him that gel you use," Shinsou said.

"He already has it."

"Stop talkin' about me!" Bakugo hissed, aggressively jotting down notes.

"Who said we're talking about you?" Shinsou scoffed.

"Hah?" Bakugo rotated the chair, "Now yer trying to fuckin' gaslight me?"

Yoshiko pinched the bridge of her nose and got up with her phone, leaving the two to bicker. She left her room, scrolling through her contacts till she found her mother's contact. She strolled to the end of the hallway to stand by the window. She clicked the call button and brought the phone to her ear, waiting for her mother to attend.

"Hello, Yoshiko!" Came her mother's voice.

"Hi, Mama. How are you?" Yoshiko asked.

"I'm great. I'm slowly getting back to hero work."

"Ma... I told you to stay away from that for a while longer. You already spend enough time at the agency as it is." Yoshiko said, "You haven't completely recovered yet."

"Don't worry, I'm not beating villains up yet or doing things that require excessive use of my quirk. Just light patrols."

"Alright, just be careful," Yoshiko hummed.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great. I actually wanted to ask you for something."

"Yeah? Go ahead."

"Erm- could you book me and Katsuki an appointment at Zen Zone?" Yoshiko twirled a strand of hair around her finger, feeling a little shy asking her mother for this particular request. She usually went there with her mother every five to six months for a relaxing spa treatment, and she could tell Katsuki really needed one right now.

"Awwwww," Yoko gushed, "What's with the shy voice, hm?"

"I'm not shy!" Yoshiko huffed.

"Alright, I'll book you two an appointment," Yoko chuckled, "Is the weekend okay?"

"Yeah, it's perfect," Yoshiko replied, "Thanks, mama."

"No problem. You should've told me your muscles were aching. I would have booked you one sooner."

"It's for Katsuki. He's been having bad muscle pains."

"Explosions," Yoko sighed, "Anyway, there's the hero gala coming up in a week. I can bring two people along with me, so you and Katsuki are invited!"

"Next week?"

"Mhm."

"I'll talk to Katsuki about it. It'll take some time to convince him."