41- Beside Him

"KATSUKI!" He could see her hovering over him. She was holding his gunshot wound, cupping his cheek with the other hand. He could see her lips moving as if talking, but he couldn't hear a word. The pain was too unbearable. Every fibre of his body screamed in pain.

In the back of his head, he acknowledged the fact that the two just used each other's given names. When he saw the bullet coming for her, his hero instincts kicked in and pushed her aside, but it was too late for him.

"I'll murder him for you, Katsuki." He heard her say, weakly opening his eyes to see her stand up, facing Ritsu with sparks in her palm.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Yoshiko seethed with anger when she faced Ritsu. He hurt her friend; he would pay for it. She saw his finger go to pull the trigger again. The winged hero beside her launched himself towards the redhead, but her fist reached his cheek faster, leaving Hawks behind.

She slammed him onto the metal gates, denting them. The pistol slipped from Ritsu's hand, clattering to the ground. He moaned in pain, sliding down the metal. Yoshiko grabbed him by the collar again and threw him onto a few stacked crates. He fell into them, causing the boxes to topple over him. She kicked a few boxes away, scowling down at the redhead.

"Heh, I doubt your friend is going to survive that. That's what you get for trying to--" Yoshiko didn't give him a chance to finish that sentence. She shoved her shoe into his mouth, cutting him off.

"Yoshiko, that's enough." Hawks put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her from doing anything she would regret later. He didn't want her to do something that would affect her career as a hero. "Go see to Bakugo. He needs your healing. I'll tie this guy up."

As much as Yoshiko would have liked to break Ritsu's jaw while her foot was still in his mouth, Hawks was right. Bakugo needed medical attention. Her healing would be of little use with how seriously injured he was. She let Hawks take over and flew to Bakugo, crouching down beside him.

He was barely conscious. Before doing anything else, she called for the police and an ambulance. After making the call, she put her phone down and put a hand on his wound, activating her healing. She bit her lip, worried his wound would close while the bullet was still inside. But then her healing wasn't strong enough for that to happen. She wasn't her father.

He was bleeding too much, and her healing didn't seem to be doing shit. "Fuck... don't you dare die on me," Yoshiko warned the blonde. "I'll slap you back to life if I have to." Yoshiko took off her top, left behind in her grey sports bra. Yoshiko rolled it up and put it on his wound, applying pressure while still using her healing. She bit her lip, watching his chest slowly rise and fall. She knew he was trying his hardest to stay awake and bear the pain.

"You'll be fine. I'm sure you'll be fine." She mumbled, trying to assure herself more than him. She could feel his blood seep through the cloth and onto her hands. Just then, Hawks flew back to the two, crouching beside them.

"Keigo... he's losing too much blood," Yoshiko voiced worriedly.

"Shit, I know. Apply more pressure, Yoshi." He watched the girl frantically nod and apply more pressure. She was pouring all of her healing energy into him. Her bangs stuck onto her forehead from the sweat forming.

It didn't take long for the ambulance to arrive and take Bakugo away. Yoshiko sat on a crate, most of her energy drained away in the fight and trying to heal Bakugo. Now she sat and prayed Bakugo would be alright. She showed the police where the drugs were kept and answered some questions that came her way.